Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

02 Disco - Recently completed 1 year + long mechanical restoration.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 06:33 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,038 Posts
Default 02 Disco - Recently completed 1 year + long mechanical restoration.

Recently completed 1 year + long mechanical restoration. Engine replaced with 80k shortblock from Will Tillerey with rebuilt heads, new head gaskets, new front and rear main seals, PCV Mod, new crank position sensor, new top end and exhaust gaskets, new water pump, ALL cooling system hoses, new bypass thermostat, new radiator, new coolant bottle, and new power steering pump. Transmission rebuilt with new clutches and seals.

Interior restoration includes sunroof leak repair, new headliner, new shifter and hand brake boots, door lock motors, and window motors.

The exterior of the truck is in very good condition for the age with minimal scratches and no dents or significant dings. The bumpers and fender flares have been restored with new bedliner coatings. The clearcoat on the roof does have some fading.

This truck was a NC truck since 2008 so underbody is virtually rust free. Message me for VIN to run carfax.

The truck is an SE model with heated seats, mirrors, and windshield option however the current windshield is not a heated windshield. It does have a crack in the windshield above and out of the drivers view however due to the restrictive Virginia regulations it will not pass inspection with the current windshield (see photos). I have not replaced the windshield but am willing to do so with the buyers choice of heated/non-heated and choice of tint/shade at the top or provide credit on price - buyers choice.

Truck does have the optional 7,000 lb factory trailer hitch and the optional 18" wheels with tires at 75% tread ( see photos). It also has the Leather 8 way power seat option and the dual sunroofs. AC blows cold, controls work perfectly.

The check engine light is NOT ON - does NOT run hot, does NOT overheat, does NOT leak oil. Sunroofs DO NOT LEAK. Everything works perfectly! This truck is ready to drive!

$6500 - truck is located in Lynchburg VA. I can arrange to meet in NC or SC.

The following users liked this post:
No Doubt (01-11-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 07:22 PM
Camel Trophy

Bumpity bump

Old 01-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello... I sent you a couple of private messages but haven't heard back from you? Is the vehicle still for sale?

Old 01-23-2020, 12:43 PM
Camel Trophy

My apologies, for some reason I did not get notified of your messages. Truck is still available, I will respind via text and email directly.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:27 AM
Camel Trophy

Bumpity Bump

Old 04-02-2020, 12:13 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
My apologies, for some reason I did not get notified of your messages. Truck is still available, I will respind via text and email directly.
Hi Extinct,

I'm new to the forum. Sent you a PM -- I know you said you would respond to text/email, but I can't get to your profile page being new to the forum (I think).

Is this still available?

​​​​​​​Thanks!

Old 04-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
Bumpity Bump
Hi Extinct, sorry if this posts multiple times - new user, getting my account approved on the forum, etc.

I sent you a PM to see if this was still available, but I'm not sure if those go through for new users.

I see your post above saying you respond to text/email, but I can't see your public profile because I'm new around here!

So, anyway, would love to know if this is still available and chat with you about it further. I'm in Knoxville, TN.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Camel Trophy

That one is sold but not yet delivered. Have two more in the queue, maybe a third. Sent you a PM.