Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1992 Range Rover County Classic FS. Very Nice Condition!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Range Rover County Classic FS. Very Nice Condition!!

Hello all, I am listing this for my buddy. It is an original, unmolested county classic. IMHO it is in exceptional condition considering the general condition of most classics. I personally have maintained this vehicle for him since he bought it in 2006.

Let me start with the areas of opportunity
-a/c does not work. I am going to try and address that this week
-it does mark it's territory in tradional Land Rover style with a couple oil drips overnight. Nothing major, and I do not believe he has to add oil in between oil changes.
-both driver and passenger side seat switches that control the seat recline position need to be jiggled to make it adjust, up down, back and forth all work great.
-wood grain on the interior is cracked on multiple if not every piece.
-front u-joints have a tiny bit of play. They do not cause any vibration, but you do hear a minor clunk when putting it into gear from park.
-gas guage works intermittently (but the reserve light is always true)
-it is throwing a code 45 (lambda sensor) which I may also resolve before the sale
-Original heated windshield is cracked, but still heats and defrosts

Now the good!
Aside from being in great overall condition with no major dents or mechanical issues, and having a very nice original interior, (including seats, dash and headliner) It has the factory stereo w/ cd changer, original full size matching spare and complete owners manual binder. The following have been replaced in the past 6 months;
battery
water pump
alternator
brakes
every single light bulb
heater core
and moonroof motor (all windows and moonroof work perfectly)
4 wheel alignment
All abs & brake related relays
Oil change
Diff and tcase fluid change
transmission flush w/ new filter

The tires are all matching with about 70% tread left. The truck is white with the factory brush guard with lights mounted (but not functioning)

He wants to get around $3600 but I told him that may be a bit steep, so feel free to make a fair offer. Contact me with any questions, for more info, or pics. I am having a difficult time posting them to this post, but will be happy to send them to your phone or email address. Delivery within 750 miles of Albuquerque, NM may be possible if we can work it out before hand....and yes, we would drive the truck that far, I would actually drive it further, but time is always an issue...lol

This truck runs straight and true, and with the exception of the a/c at this point, everything works, heated seats, cruise, windows, heat, moonroof etc...171k miles

This truck runs awesome, has no engine noise, burns no oil, does not smoke, starts right up everytime and is generally in overall great shape. I think you would be hard pressed to find a cleaner county out there.

Please contact me at Ltabq@aol.com private message me or call me at 505.263.2136

Thanks for looking!