Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1996 Discovery - Best Offer-LANSING,MI

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Discovery - Best Offer-LANSING,MI

I've had enough of this particular rover and want to sell it asap.

143xxx miles, 4x4, loaded, dual moon roofs, 6-Disk CD, leather (only one rip), ALL floor mats, spare tire and cover, power seats, 7 passenger, towing package, and more.

NEW: alternator, water pump, belt, ss brake lines, pads, starter, brake light switch (over $1500 worth of repairs if taken to a shop).

This car has been my daily driver for 8 months. It's not perfect (it's 16 years old...don't expect perfection:]), but it's reliable, fun to drive, and easy to fix! I need more space for kids and dogs so it looks like it's mini van time. Call (715) 216-6789! This is an EXTREMELY good price. I just want to unload it quickly and need the cash for a down payment on our new vehicle. I'd hate to see it parted out, but if you are mechanically inclined, this year/make can bring in $3k+ if parted out...it's just a pain to do it.

A few lights are on and have been since I bought it. They are all sensor related (yes, this has been verified by a mechanic) and they weren't/aren't a priority to address. The cruise control doesn't work, and could be a relay (I haven't checked it out yet, but if you want cruise control you could fix it as it's easy to do on Rovers.). There is a small power steering leak. Again, it hasn't been worth addressing as it's minimal and has not caused any issues to date. The engine was replaced with one that had 90k on it by the previous owner. The wheel bearings more than likely do need to be repacked, but the "wobble" hasn't given me any trouble in the past few months.

There are some minor cosmetic issues, but nothing that hinders performance (rear passenger window off-track), needs a fog light, crack in rear lower light cover, headlinder could be replaced, and two of the door pockets are cracked.

CALL/TEXT 715-216-6789

Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Pics would help your sale. Best of luck!