Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1996 Land Rover Discovery -5 Speed! Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Land Rover Discovery -5 Speed! Off Road

This is a reasonably well maintained vehicle with high miles that was owned by a land rover enthusiast for most of its life. I acquired the car recently to combine with another rover to make fun offroad toy. Unfortunately work is picking up fast and I have to give up my side project. It has a smooth running enginethat the prior owner said wasrecently rebuilt (15000 miles ago) and unbelievably fun 5-speed transmission that is tight and clean shifting. The suspension was upgraded with 2" lift shocks and springs at some point. The interior is clean serviceable but does show a little wear from the high mileage,grey cloth not leather.

The prior owner ordered it without moonroofs so that he could put a roof rack on it for offroading. The exterior has a slightly ‘brushed metal’ look that actually I kind of liked better and there are assorted dings all around but nothing dramatic. Also there are a few bolt holes where the light guardshad beenmounted and so on. The engine and transmission are in good order but there seems to be a bad CV joint that makes a unpleasant thump about every 30 seconds while the car is in motion. It doesn’t appear to be a drive train issue as it happens regardless of weither the car is in gear or not and it feels like it’s coming from under the vehicle not the engine compartment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190098952162