Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 discovery 2 for parts F/S $450

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018 | 07:31 PM
|
Overlanding
Default 2000 discovery 2 for parts F/S $450 Philadelphia, PA

SOLD!

Truck is all there except the front bumper, but it is not a project. It is parts only. Does have a title and current PA inspection, but engine is toast and the rear sunroof leaked A LOT. Had new front brakes 50 miles before engine said good bye. Front driveshaft was replaced too. $450 obo. Has to be towed. Located in 19111. Text me at 2673zero49547

Last edited by Roto; 11-01-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2018 | 05:16 PM
Camel Trophy

Good luck with the sale, the price seems fair. You might find a little more detail on the engine issues as well as photos of the interior, rear bumper, tires, etc might help your sale. Mileage and any other issues might be important also. Sometimes members need transmissions/transfer cases, axles, wheels, tires, interior parts, etc.

Old 10-29-2018 | 05:53 PM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Extinct
Good luck with the sale, the price seems fair. You might find a little more detail on the engine issues as well as photos of the interior, rear bumper, tires, etc might help your sale. Mileage and any other issues might be important also. Sometimes members need transmissions/transfer cases, axles, wheels, tires, interior parts, etc.
I simply have to be at work during the daylight hours and the truck is an hour away from home. If it doesn't go by Saturday it is going to the junkyard and I won't be able to part it out.

Engine was overheated and should be considered useless IMHO. Other than that I can't even provide a good evaluation myself. Tires front are like new, rear are 80% good. Air springs were replaced and should still be almost in new condition.

Old 10-30-2018 | 07:36 AM
Camel Trophy

Well Damn, if that is all that is wrong with it that is a very fair price. Hell I would come get it if you weren't so far from me. Just so you know, overheated engine does not usually mean new engine required. Probably still a good idea to list it as a parts vehicle, based on your location I would think the frame has a lot of rust. Still very worth your asking price based on the parts value alone.

Old 10-30-2018 | 08:20 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Extinct
Well Damn, if that is all that is wrong with it that is a very fair price. Hell I would come get it if you weren't so far from me. Just so you know, overheated engine does not usually mean new engine required. Probably still a good idea to list it as a parts vehicle, based on your location I would think the frame has a lot of rust. Still very worth your asking price based on the parts value alone.
Actually, when I was buying it, frame rust was the primary thing I was looking at. It has some surface rust and the hitch and step are quite rusty, but the frame itself is in fair condition as far as I can see. Overheated engine, while I agree, is not a death sentence, is still a rebuild that's more money than I'd spend on an old disco right now.