Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 Discovery 2 Running Project/Work/Parts Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:25 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Discovery 2 Running Project/Work/Parts Truck

Blue on tan from 2000. Has 18" Rangie rims (only 4, no spare) covering new brakes all the way around. Runs/drives excellent and starts up every time. No engine lights, but the three sisters are there. Two rear tires are new within the last year. Fronts are good from a tread perspective, but driver front has a very slow sidewall leak. Always have used synthetic Rotella T6 since I've owned it (>6 years)with no noticeable leaks. Metal portion of body is straight aside from a dent on the rear driver corner, which was there when I got it. Plastic bits have fallen off here/there and front bumper plastic is cracked due to some slow moving Canadian geese. Driver fog light has fallen out, but I still have it. Interior is rough including headliner falling down, passenger A pillar molding fallen off and some stains in cargo area. Seats are fine and work with regards to heat and adjustment. Cargo door liner has been removed due to all the fun with the handle/lock, but it is included along with the way blown sub cabinet. A couple of the door lock actuators are not functioning nor are the intermittent wipers, but they work on the two "full go" speeds. Also, wiper arms were converted to Disco 1, so you can buy wiper blades in a normal size.

I've been using this off and on for several years for camping/mountain biking/work truck duties and it has never let me down. Included with the sale will be some extra Mobil 1 filters, a new set of front wiper blades and remaining jugs of oil/coolant. It seems this would be a good project truck itself or a candidate for a drivetrain donor since things are running so well. Let me know your thoughts as I know you will...

<154k miles asking $1500 located in Dayton, OH. Also, bike rack is not included in sale.