Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles $2500 obo negotiable

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles $2500 obo negotiable

I'm selling my disco II SD7, it needs more TLC than I can provide for it. And at this point in my life, I am no longer prepared for it. Its features include black exterior, with beige leatherette interior, & 3rd row jumpseats, 120K miles. Its been an extremely good vehicle to me--I've probably driven it to & from Hermosa Beach to Flagstaff, AZ 30+ times. Scaled a few mountains, driven through the terribly hot deserts of AZ, and all over its deep forrest roads, up and down the sand dunes of Pismo Beach, the pacific coast highway, from LA to SF, and so on… Anyway, you get the picture. I've owned it for almost 4 years. It was my 1st LR, and won't be my last.

Its been running great up till a few days ago, when I coincidentally decided to start advertising it for the very reason I decided to sell it. (Lets be honest though, its probably pissed off I'm trying to sell it.) So flat out, here are its problems:

Cosmetically:
It needs a new back bumper, my older brother backed into me while tearing out of our parents driveway a few christmas's ago. [See the pic] Yes I was pissed. It's right back lower panel took the biggest beating, but it ripped the plastic bumper right off on during the hit n run. Like I said, in reality-the thing that really needs replacement is the bumper.
Its front bumper could also be replaced, due to some rough winter's and large snowbanks (but its not high priority.)
-Otherwise, the outside looks pretty good. There are, or course a few dings here and there... After a nice scrub, it looks good as new.

Mechanically:
It normally runs great, especially for an 11 year old vehicle. Very powerful engine, use sport mode to top it off. Not something I've ever experienced in any other SUV.
-I had 1 of its air suspension bags replaced about 2 years ago, its doing great as far as I'm concerned. The ride is nice and perky.
-I also had its front drive shaft replaced about 2 years ago.
-Regularly maintained
-Tires still have about 6000 miles on them
-has your typical 3 amigos on the dash.
It definitely needs its services for how long its been running. I have no legitimate excuses for this one. Just didn't get it taken care of when I should have…
But also, it is slowly leaking its coolant. I've kept up with this up till now. Two days ago, it started a pretty rough idle when I started it up though, it seems it is trying to overheat its self to death. It comes and goes. But I won't be driving it anymore.
-It also needs its smog test, as it is still registered in Northern AZ, where I'm not required to get it tested for such things.

Not quite sure what the extent of these problems are, but when it comes down to it, I don't have the time to really dedicate my worries to them. Sadly enough--I work too much, I'm underpaid, and I have higher priorities than my aging rover. Please take him from me, I'm practically giving it away to anybody that can take it off my hands. I'd rather see it live on, than be condemned by giving it to some corporate jerks. Perhaps it could even be used for parts?

I don't really have the time to sell it, or even sit on it--so this post will only really be valid for the next few days. Contact me @ dom.ofcourse@gmail.com or 213.309.5566

Make me an offer. But at least $2000, otherwise I'm giving it to carmax.

-Thx

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles 00 obo negotiable-1213822378.jpg   2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles 00 obo negotiable-img_2542.jpg   2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles 00 obo negotiable-img_2518.jpg   2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles 00 obo negotiable-img_2510.jpg   2000 Discovery II black/beige 120K miles 00 obo negotiable-img_2517.jpg