Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2002 Discovery II coming up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012 | 07:06 AM
|
Drifting
Default 2002 Discovery II coming up for sale

Well, my LR venture was short lived. Bought a great D2 in December to use for hunting trips and just to get me to the airport and back. It was a great fit for a guy who worked from home and put maybe 5K a year on a vehicle. Unfortunately I lost my job Jan 13 and am about to accept a new position that will require me to use a company vehicle and I won't have the space for the disco. Bought it from a dealer Dec 22 and have not even received the title or plates in the mail yet but expect them any day.

Black exterior, grey interior SE model w/o ACE. 18" wheels and a dog/cargo cage in the rear. Only 77K miles. Very recent tires, 75 month battery Jan 7. Maintenance I or my mechanic have done includes coil replacement, new belt, transmission flush, oil change with synthetic, replaced cracked rear door handle, fixed coin and ash tray, replaced washer fluid jets, tightened rocker cover bolts to spec which stopped an oil leak. Also used white sheperd and now have NO LEAKS. I am the 2nd owner. Previous owner upgraded the front drive shaft. I also did a front passenger window regulator repair with my own milled plastic roller but in time it will need to be redone with a new regulator. Paint is excellent with the exception of some spots on the hood, probably from tree sap.

Coolant was low when I bought it and there was air in the system. I topped off with dex and purged, then did a combustion gas test which was negative so the HG is good. I don't know if the truck might have already had the HG replaced but you can get maintenance records by calling Landrover of Houston. Coolant level has been constant for the last month since I purged it.

Has original factory nav unit and 6 disc changer. Everything works on this truck. Repeat, EVERYTHING WORKS. I just drove it from Houston to Dallas and back and got 17.5mpg.

Asking $6,950. More pics to follow as soon as the rain stops here.
Name:  DeerCamp2011009.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  52.3 KB

Last edited by Texarican; 02-05-2012 at 07:29 AM.