Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 11:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery 2

$12,500 ono
For sale is my Epsom Green 2004 Discovery 2 with around 105,800 miles. I currently have 3 D2s, two of which I'm selling. This one and a 2002, keeping another Epsom Green 2004 for myself.

I seriously love this truck and do still drive it, mileage will go up as now that I'm selling, I seem to want to drive it more! Especially with the paint being completely gone through and corrected. No swirls!

This truck has been completely gone through, if I felt there was an issue, it was taken care of.

Truck does great at all speeds, no vibrations and I regularly get up to 85+MPH in the crazy highway goes to Chicago. It starts up beautifully, no weird noises/knocks/low oil pressure issues like some may have. Getting in and looking around the entire interior has been gone through and cleaned, no tears in the leather seats and the parking brake / hi-lo boots have been replaced with new leather boots. Putting it into drive there are no clunks, the differentials, transfer case, and transmission have all had new synethetic fluids put in.
Shifts beautifully, and there is minimal play in the steering. Much less than even a new Jeep, all of tie rods have been replaced and the truck was aligned a couple thousand miles ago when the new tires were installed. Talking about tires, it's riding on 18" Comet style wheels wrapped with Cooper Adventurer AT. They have around 2,500 miles on them. I also have a set of 16" 5 spokes (03-04 style) that are wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. They have maybe 100 miles on them, I put them on my P38 that doesn't get driven.

Sunroofs.. They DO NOT LEAK! I've found that a lot of the electrical issues are thanks to water ingress issues. They've been kept clean by both me and previous owners, and it definitely helps I have a heated pole barn to store my cars in.

What is the bad? I'll try to be completely transparent about the issues that it has. Forgive me if I forget something.
Back right has some odd bends in the panel from some offroading. Truck was in no way abused. I save that for my rusted out 99' or RRC.
The right horn button is missing, I have a new one on the way.
Power steering is noisy when it's cold out, 25f and below.

And that as far as I am concerned is the extent of the "Bad" list.
So, things that have recently been done. I can’t really list everything that has been done here, chances are if it’s a common issues it’s been done.

*BMW Blue Coolant was formulated to be used in a plastic and aluminum filled cooling system, I've found it works best in Discoverys, and does not coagulate like Dexcool does

Within the past year and 5k miles or so:
Water pump
All cooling hoses
Transmission fluid and filter
Tie rods
Tires replaced with ATs instead of HTs
Alignment
Air filter
Coolant flush with BMW blue 50/50
Brake rotors
Brake pads
Headlight bulbs changed to Sylvania Ultra Whites
Gas cap
Hyundai purge valve upgrade
Belt
All vacuum lines
Cruise Control repaired
PCV valve cleaned (original, non FV308)
Alternator with Denso
Brake booster
Complete ABS valve block to fix 3 Amigos (no Option B fix on this one)
Various pulleys/idlers
Crank position sensor
180* thermostat
Greasable front driveshaft

Within the past 2k miles/couple months
Remanufactured Heads
New exhaust manifold gaskets, manifold to cat and manifold to head
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Coil packs
Backflushed heater core
ARP head studs
Radiator
Coolant reservoir
180* thermostat (replaced with genuine 180)
expansion tank cap
Rebuilt injectors and seals
New air filter
Full flush with BMW blue 50/50 again (it's cheap, why not)
New belts again (scored the old one taking it out)
New windshield wipers front and rear
New Interstate battery
New upstream o2 sensors

And as I mentioned, more than likely WAY more than that.. but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head. I could sort through service records and find something else but this is the bulk of the work that's been done.

I'm going to be installing a new muffler this week. The current one rattles occasionally and it bothers the living hell out of me. Scheduled for Friday.

I use mostly BP and Costco premium gas. I like to run BG44k every few months to keep the fuel system clean. I'm pretty good on maintenance, my theory is fix it before it breaks.

Text me and I'll reply as I can. Call me and leave a message, it's pretty rare I answer first call just due to the amount of calls I get an hour. I'd love to speak over the phone, better than texting for me. 708-417-4747

We've been having pretty awful weather here, so photos aren't the best. As soon as it is sunny, new photos will be added and truck will be posted on eBay.

Truck is located near Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Carfax available upon request, as well as VIN.

Cheers! Rob

Last edited by User; 04-08-2020 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:17 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 387 Likes on 293 Posts

Great looking truck Rob. I believe the forum requires posting a price with an ad. That said, I think this truck is a perfect candidate for Bring A Trailer. They typically have a couple week lead time to get your vehicle listed however the pandemic may have influenced that. Nice looking piece of property as well!

Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 AM
Rock Crawling

Oop, I copied from my Craigslist post which has price in title.

I’m asking $12,500, and you’re not the first one to tell me to list on BAT. Going to submit later today when I’m not running around.

that would be the local park, but mines not too shabby either 🤣

cheers

Old 04-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Super nice looking truck. Frame is probably a 1%er for the upper midwest. GLWS

Old 04-09-2020, 09:35 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks.

It's a Virginia/Georgia truck so that definitely helped.

Moved onto the great lakes naval base, so it's been in the Midwest for only a short while. 2-3 years.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 442 Likes on 279 Posts

The best D2 color.

The following users liked this post:
User (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Got any photos of the weird bend in the rear right? It looks like the right rear bumper side isn't attached in one of the photos as well?

Old 04-12-2020, 01:19 PM
Rock Crawling

Make an offer folks.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 894 Likes on 645 Posts

What roof rack is that? It looks like a Garvin.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:28 AM
TReK
Received 483 Likes on 406 Posts

Put it on ebay, and raise the price

Quick Reply: 2004 Discovery 2