Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

'92 and '89 Classics for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '92 and '89 Classics for sale

Lots of new parts and spares. Has severe idling issue - loads up and dies. Also have a '89 partially disassembled of the common parts. The '92 runs OK and can be driven once it's over it's coughing and chugging.

The '92 has new (not rebuilt) Lockheed calipers on front still shiny, new Lockheed front rotors, new pads on rear- about 3000 miles ago, heater motor resistor pack, rebuilt steering box from Meridian six months ago, ALL NEW suspension bushings (radius arms, trailing arms, panhard bar, self levelling arms at the frame - pain in the butt to change), new steering shaft lower u-joint a month ago, all new tie rod ends, all good sun roof, all power seats work, all good ABS, new fuel pump assembly a year ago, new tires a year ago, no leaks anywhere. And to top it off, the A/C works great. I also have a few parts in boxes - new wheel bearings, self levelling ball joint, axle seals, good heater motor for the '92 (I put the entire heater box and new heater core in from the '89 while waiting for the right motor from ebay - it was cold outside), all of the radius arms and trailing arms from the '89. Part of me (and all of my wife) wants these two out of my driveway but I have to think about it. I'm still hoping for a quick fix. The '92 ran and drove as good as any new car (right up until it crapped). I think I'll try changing the idle air solenoid just for kicks (it's easy and I have a spare) while the wife is a work. She'll kill me if she sees me under the hood again. It all goes!! I'd like to get $1200 for both including all of the spare parts. Maybe the '92 would be an easy fix, maybe not. I hafta think it's something minor just by the way it happened. The '89 is a dead horse with a blown head gasket and the axles removed. I also removed a 4-month old (new) metal gas tank with a new GM fuel pump from the '89. The rear hatch on the '89 is rusty but useable, the '92 hatch is held together with epoxy. The '89 had rebuilt calipers and new rotors with new bearings on the front, new rotors and pads on the back but it's sat for about a year so it's all a bit rusty but salvageable. It also had OME HD springs in good shape and Stage 3 Safarigard trailing arms (one needs the axle end bushing). That's all I can think of for now. Somebody buy these things and save me from divorce. Thanks! 419.270.4138 is my cell phone.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: '92 and '89 Classics for sale

Where are these trucks located and can we get some pictures?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 09-23-2006, 12:25 PM
7th Gear

These two gems are in Pioneer Ohio (exit 13 off the Ohio Turnpike).

Old 09-23-2006, 01:02 PM
7th Gear

I've tried to attach pictures a few times but keep getting an error message. Maybe a glitch with Mac computers... I dunno. I have pictures, just e-mail me at dmtibbs@mac.com and I'll reply with pics attached.