Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

98 Land Rover Disco 50th Edition for sale or trade

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 98 Land Rover Disco 50th Edition for sale or trade

Here for sale or optional trade* is my 98 Land Rover Discovery, 50th Anniversary Edition, Automatic, 4.0 V8, AWD.

Condition: This vehicle starts every time, turns and drives. Needs some mechanical and cosmetic work. Has modifications. Overall fair condition. Note: currently my daily driver.
Mileage: 194K.
MPG: 11-15.
Asking price: $2,500.00
Lowest reasonable offer: $2,000
Kelly Blue Book Values:
Excellent: $3,975
Good: $3,600
Fair: $3,000
Package: Tan leather interior. Tinted windows. 2 sun roofs. Alloy wheels. Power seats. Power windows. Power locks. Power mirrors. Heated seats. Heated mirrors. Cruise control. ABS. Security system. AC. 2" suspension lift kit. Premium all terrain tires. HiD headlights. Brush guard. Full size replacement tire with rim (as spare). New shocks. New springs. New slotted rotors. Newer ceramic pads. New exhaust piece. New battery. New premium flat blade wiper blades. New spark plugs. New wires. New transmission filter kit with fluid. New oil filter with fluid. New fuel filter. New air filter. New cylinder 6 ignition coil (to be replaced asap prior to sell or trade). New fuel injectors with bar (set of 8, need to be installed by buyer). New bonnet release cable (needs to be installed by buyer). Replacement heater fan and motor. Replacement automatic shifter ***. New power steering hose (needs to be installed by buyer). Etc.

Needed attention: Check engine light lights up periotically as a result of cylinder 6 missfire (have an appouintment next week to install a replacement cylinder 6 ignition coil, so this may take care of the missfire and check engine light). Leak in power steering hose, as a result steering is difficult at low speeds ( unless power steering fluid is added weekly) and strange noises under the bonnet. Wheels are slightly out of balance so an alignment is needed. Windshield washer and wiper motor are not working. ABS light is on. SRS light is on. Don't know why yet. Driving could be a bit smoother, a new steering stabilizer will need to be fitted before to long. Front end brush guard is slightly out of shape (will need to be bent back into correct position) and knocked the right side blinker out of socket (needs a new blinker bulb). The interior is in rough shape. The headliner and head board are missing. The radio has been removed. The center console is damaged. The odemetor bezel console is lose and needs to be tightened. The interior mirror needs to be re-secured on the windshield. The engine does have a
lot of miles on it (194k) so everything under the bonnet is pretty dirty and could use some engine degreaser cleaner and engine detailer.

* Trades must be in "starting, turning and driving" condition. Must be no older than 96 (with rare exceptions) must be no newer than 2001 (with rare exceptions). Must not have over 200k (with rare exceptions). Preferably European. Preferably AWD. No lowered vehicles! Preferably more fuel efficient (with rare exceptions). No hatchbacks! No Fords! No Hondas! Depending on offered trade, I may be willing to throw in SOME extra cash plus parts listed below!

Audi A4-A6 Quattro****** BMW, Saab, Land Rover (normal no modes), VW, Mitsubishi, Mazda Maita, etc.

** Here's the deal: Fulfill the asking price of $2,500 and I will include the flowing parts at my expense. Note that it will be the buyers responsibility to install these parts!
1.) Set of 8 new fuel injectors complete with rail.
2.) New complete headgasket kit.
3.) New power steering hose.
4.) New bonnet release cable.
5.) Brake fluid.
6.) Power steering fluid.
7.) Coolant/antifreeze.
8.) Mystery oil high mileage engine treatment.
9.) Lucas deep clean fuel system cleaner.
10.) Fuses.

Aside from being my daily driver, this rig is an on going project. Curently working on the cylinder 6 missfire and the check engine light. Had it hooked up to a engine reader and two codes came up both refering to the 6 cylinder missfire (can get the codes again if asked). Next I expect to tackle the steering stabilizer and the alighnment. Please note that the asking price is primarily taking into account parts purchased and not the grand value of the rig, so any offers under $2,500 will get the rig minus the extra parts purchased (not already installed). Please feel free to email or text me anytime for questions and pictures. legions-of-triumph@hotmail.com 603-381-1184

Last edited by ShadowMerchantBC; 02-20-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spell checking. Clarify information.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures? I will not consider anything without pictures, try to get some of the under-carriage as well as the back side of the tires please.