Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That bumper has been passed on though. Rovertym with full brush guard for me now, but it demonstrates quality fab work.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey expeditionnw you are more than welcome to bring your happy *** to georgia and che ck out my shop. I in fact do have way more than a saw and hf welder. and if you let me finish this bumper you will see that the welds are not going to be visible anyway. i am grinding all the welds smooth. Also welds are stronger than the metal. so if you are filling a large gap at least its strong. And who the hell cares if its built from 1/2" plate, isnt it better to over build than under build?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robertmirwin
hey expeditionnw you are more than welcome to bring your happy *** to georgia and che ck out my shop.
Why are you dodging the bronco cage question ?

I in fact do have way more than a saw and hf welder. and if you let me finish this bumper you will see that the welds are not going to be visible anyway. i am grinding all the welds smooth.
This shows your incredible ignorance. Whether the welds are visible or not, they MUST be of good quality, with good penetration. grinding the weld smooth removes quite alot of strngth. you little 110 machine does not have the power to penetrate deep enough in the material you are using.

Also welds are stronger than the metal. so if you are filling a large gap at least its strong.
Welds are not "sronger than the metal". They are harder than the metal they bond to, due to the rapid heating and cooling condition. THis makes them more brittle than the metal around them. this is why it is common for material to break right at the weld if not properly controlled.

And who the hell cares if its built from 1/2" plate, isnt it better to over build than under build?

Obviously you dont.

Last edited by expeditionnw; 10-18-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Three Wheeling

Ill ask you again Robert, since you evidently keep avoiding the elephant in the room.

Seeing as how you "mistakenly" posted someone elses pics from google claiming them as your own,

Where are the pics of the cage you built just a few weeks ago in your own bronco?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Mudding

is it just me or did the fish guy create a new name so he could come back and troll this thread? expedition has 26 posts. Seems to have a very personal stake in this. we get it you don't like the bumper, and he obviously didn't build the roll gage. Maybe he even lied through his teeth about the gage.. not a good thing to do. But those who have his product are happy.. drop it dude..

Old 10-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by expeditionnw
Its amateur. messy, dirty welds, requiring lots of cleanup time, which I doubt he does. In a clean shop with clean steel, (controlled environment) there is no reason to booger things together.
Again, other than the mess, what's wrong with fluxcore?

Btw, I'm not picking on u as I'm just a neutral observer in this thread.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by suzukisam967m
is it just me or did the fish guy create a new name so he could come back and troll this thread?
Dude, I doubt it. Fish has been around here for a while.

More importantly he's been on Dweb for a while too. I.e. his skin is plenty thick and would have no problem calling someone out using his actual account.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by pinkytoe69
Again, other than the mess, what's wrong with fluxcore?

Btw, I'm not picking on u as I'm just a neutral observer in this thread.
its primitive process in a controlled environment, as stated.

it would be like going to the tire shop and them mounting/dismounting your tires l. with a hilift jack and prybars.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by suzukisam967m
is it just me or did the fish guy create a new name so he could come back and troll this thread? expedition has 26 posts. Seems to have a very personal stake in this. we get it you don't like the bumper, and he obviously didn't build the roll gage. Maybe he even lied through his teeth about the gage.. not a good thing to do. But those who have his product are happy.. drop it dude..

so ignorance is bliss? if thats your position, then you can just ignore the issues ive pointed out.

my dog in the fight is this. i fabricate bumpers, racks, tube work as a means of income. im am not attempting to out the competition, and have no interest in advertising through this forum. because of my background, i feel its my obligation to out a poorly designed and built product that will seriously damage the vehicles they bolt to and potentially cause bodily harm.

Edit:i i also hate liars, and this guy is that too.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Mudding

i have answered your damn question go back and read. How do you and I get together and do a stress test on both of our bumpers? let the outcome speak for itself.

Quick Reply: custom bumper building