Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds (https://landroverforums.com/forum/retired-private-sale-trade-classifieds-20/)
-   -   custom bumper building (https://landroverforums.com/forum/retired-private-sale-trade-classifieds-20/custom-bumper-building-61342/)

We-go-up 08-28-2013 08:27 AM

Im not going to waste my breath and start an argument over something that doesn't need to be argued over. NCguy and FishEh are missing the point. There is a member willing to donate his services and help save people money. as well as give them a chance to have a custom bumper. There's not a lot of tech that goes into building one. Its not rocket science. I've been off-roading for about 18 years now. not in just land rovers, but chevys toyotas and even a jeep. A lot of fab work has come from a guy in his garage. so back to the point. build away friend I'm getting info together for you to build me a bumper.

thats my 2 cents...

fishEH 08-28-2013 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by We-go-up (Post 417727)
Im not going to waste my breath and start an argument over something that doesn't need to be argued over. NCguy and FishEh are missing the point. There is a member willing to donate his services and help save people money. as well as give them a chance to have a custom bumper. There's not a lot of tech that goes into building one. Its not rocket science. I've been off-roading for about 18 years now. not in just land rovers, but chevys toyotas and even a jeep. A lot of fab work has come from a guy in his garage. so back to the point. build away friend I'm getting info together for you to build me a bumper.

thats my 2 cents...

I wasn't trying to start an argument or insult you or Robert. I just don't think your representation of Rover bumper companies is accurate. And while making a bumper isn't rocket science, it takes a fair amount of work to make one that is built well and looks good. Doing that for under $500 is a very tall order in my opinion.

I wish everybody involved good luck!!! :D

robertmirwin 08-28-2013 10:07 AM

Hey guys!!!! i am not trying to start a monopoly on bumper building for land rovers and i understand that a 1200 dollar bumper has a spot for a winch and tow points. Thats why i put a receiver in. i have a winch mounted on a receiver. If you want tow points i will fill the bumper with tow points and you can pull from anywhere. you want a bumper with TWO winches on it i can build it. rock sliders no problem rear bumper lets do it. you want an exo roll cage all i need is your truck for a week.

Again i am doing this because i enjoy it. drink a few beers and build a bumper that will explode a deer, kangaroo, or zombie. thats a good time to me. its the same as anything, to transmission guy rebuilding a transmission takes a day and its easy. I try to do it and the truck wont move and i wasted a week. I know metal fab. i can build a pretty sweet bumper to almost anything you want and it only takes a few evenings after work.

Send me drawings or a picture and i can start building for anything, land rover , jeep, chevy or whatever

ZGPhoto 08-28-2013 11:05 AM

How much a bumper with 12 recovery points on it?

:)

robertmirwin 08-28-2013 11:17 AM

How about we just weld a crane clevis on the front then you can a 500 pound hook on the front

:D

dusty1 08-28-2013 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by robertmirwin (Post 417767)
How about we just weld a crane clevis on the front then you can a 500 pound hook on the front

cool, but only if you can stick this badge on it
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/7/0...3987519_tp.jpg

dusty1 08-28-2013 11:32 AM

have you played around with any other armor? diff guards? steering guards?
I have done a couple of diff guards, they look like s***.

drowssap 08-28-2013 12:50 PM

rock sliders how much $, I might take a chance on you.

robertmirwin 08-28-2013 02:17 PM

gonna depend on what you want. do you want something that is tight fitting like a tactical rover slider or one that is a little more square and comes out past the door some. rough guess i would say between 150-250 bucks plus shipping. just send me a pic of what you have in mind

robertmirwin 08-28-2013 02:20 PM

and to dusty1. is it for a d1 or d2. If its for a d1 i can fab up something not bad looking and stout using my truck for mock up.