Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Defender 90, Series III & Land Rover 90 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013 | 07:55 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default Defender 90, Series III & Land Rover 90 for sale

Hello all,

I have been on this forum for about a year under a different name using the forum mostly as a resource regarding my daily driver, a 2004 DII. I would like to let the forum know about a new venture for me "Cleveland Classic Rovers"

I have always been jealous of UK folks easy access to older series trucks and the Defender vehicles, especially the great diesel engines offered overseas. I am at the end of a three month long project to bring in several land Rover 90s in from the UK. I recently returned from a trip to personally find and inspect each vehicle so I could ensure each was the best of the type that I could find.

My goal with Cleveland Classic Rovers is to support the US based Rover community and get more of the Older Series, Land Rover 90 & 110, and Defender vehicles to the states where they can be enjoyed by fellow Rover enthusiasts. I am able to take specific requests for vehicles to import, or even work with a buyer to have a completely custom Rover built to specification. I also will have several Land Rovers available in the states at any given time.

I just would like to say hello to the forum and offer my assistence to anyone interested in importing a classic Land Rover from the UK. I currently have three great Land Rovers enroute to the states. They are:

1983 Series III - 4cyl petrol, new paint and interior, great runner, well maintained with records, new tires with matching spare on the bonnet, needs nothing, even includes original owners manual and hand crank, asking price $16,000

1984 Land Rover 90 - Frame up rebuild on Disco running gear, polybush throughout, new shocks and springs, great interior, 200TDi engine, new paint with very straight bodywork, truck cab with chequer plate bed lining and custom toolbox. Asking price: $20,000

1988 Defender 90 convertible - Frame up rebuild on new galvanized chassis, 3" lifted heavy duty suspension with new mud terrain tires, matching spare on the rear door. Like new canvas top. V8 engine with automatic transmission. Fresh paint job and straight bodywork, rock sliders, Range Rover Classic rims, great off road rig asking price:$20,000

All three Rovers can be seen on my website at:

www.ccrovers.com

I will post more detailed pictures once the vehicles are stateside, all I have now are the pictures from inspecting them in the UK. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to make an offer on one of the trucks.

Regards,

Mike

Last edited by CCRovers; 01-31-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Adjusted Asking Price
Old 01-31-2013 | 05:27 PM
|
Three Wheeling

The trucks are still in transit and I do not intend to sell anything before they hit the states, at this point I am just trying to get the word out that I exist. All of the trucks are turn-key and I will post many more detailed pictures once I have them stateside. I will leave the lifted truck as is for a while, if I end up with negative feedback regarding the lift I will take it back to stock. Personally, I would prefer a stock height truck so we'll see.

I assume this first trip would be a learning experience so I can find out what does, and doesnt work. If anyone has any suggestions, or anything specific they woul be interested in having brought over from the uk please feel free to contact me through the forum or through the website.

Regards,

Mike

Last edited by CCRovers; 02-01-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2013 | 07:20 AM
Pro Wrench

My dream has started on a 96 or thereabouts Defender. I will keep you in mind.

I have no idea what the deal is with driving a right hand drive vehicle over here (or in the US). I have driven a lot of UK cars in Europe and European cars in the UK and feel pretty certain I can deal with driving mailman style. I don't eat fastfood so that's not an issue.

Old 02-01-2013 | 08:21 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
My dream has started on a 96 or thereabouts Defender. I will keep you in mind.

I have no idea what the deal is with driving a right hand drive vehicle over here (or in the US). I have driven a lot of UK cars in Europe and European cars in the UK and feel pretty certain I can deal with driving mailman style. I don't eat fastfood so that's not an issue.
No law the US will stop you from owning or driving a RHD vehicle. The limitations come when you are trying to Import a 24yo or newer car that is not specifically listed as RHD on the NTSB lists of importable vehicles.

PR should be easier with the sheer number of JDM cars gracing the island.

Old 02-01-2013 | 08:48 AM
Baja

LHD is fine I had an old austin american that was LHD, never had a problem

Old 02-01-2013 | 09:43 AM
Pro Wrench

wanna go with that drowy?

Old 02-01-2013 | 08:56 PM
|
Three Wheeling

RHD really is no problem to drive. I actually enjoy it as part of the experience of driving an older Series truck or defender. It only takes a short time to get used to driving on the other side. I can look into bringing in some LHD vehicles, however they cost about twice as much or more overseas.

Regards,
Mike

Old 02-01-2013 | 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Honestly I like my right hand drive just fine. Hell it's a ton of fun when my daughter rides up front, or my dog. The looks on folks faces when they think they are driving is awesome.

Drive thru's are easy just back through them

Old 02-02-2013 | 09:36 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Honestly I like my right hand drive just fine. Hell it's a ton of fun when my daughter rides up front, or my dog. The looks on folks faces when they think they are driving is awesome.

Drive thru's are easy just back through them
give her a steering wheel to hold as people drive by.....

Old 02-02-2013 | 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Already did that, pulled it off of some play school activity center. I meant to set up a camera to make a vid of folks freaking out but got lazy.

Quick Reply: Defender 90, Series III & Land Rover 90 for sale