Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 2004 DII SE Black on Black 65K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2004 DII SE Black on Black 65K Miles

Hello to all.

I have an '04 SE, Black on Black that I am planning to sell in the next couple of weeks. I am located in Ft Worth, TX. My wife and I are the second owners of the truck as we purchased it from Land Rover of Tacoma, WA. We bought it just over 2 years ago bone stock with 48K on the odometer. It currently has 64,850. Since we purchased it, I've put a lot of money into it in maintenance and upgrades.

It is an SE model with heated seats and windshield.

I have done the following in the past year:
Old Man Emu 2" coil lift with nitro shocks
New BFG Tires at 58K miles (I think - maybe more recently but less than a year old for sure)
New front driveshaft
New Guibo and bolts
New Coil Packs
Denso Iridium Plugs
New Magnecor Wires
New O2 Sensors
New Bosch EV14 Injectors
OEM TB Coolant Plate and gasket
Fluid flush all diffs, transfer case and transmission using Mobil1 Synthetic
New OEM Intake pipe (from MAF to TB - old one was cracked)
New OEM Rotors and Pads (installing this weekend actually)
New TerraFirma Rock Sliders with Tree Bar (BNIB - not installed yet)
Faultmate OBD-II diagnostics computer ($800 new)

Truck is in immaculate condition. My last batch up updates surrounded a fault code where I was picking up a misfire on cylinder #3. I changed plugs first, then went from OEM wires to Magnecor wires. Turned out it was a faulty coil pack, so I replaced the entire coil pack assembly with a new one. All my parts have come Atlantic British, save the new fuel injectors. I did that work back in September. I have receipts for every part I've put on the truck. There are no leaks, no issues, just solid and dependable. It's been averaging 12.3mpg all city driving. We only fill it up using Shell 93.

I am selling because it was my wife's truck and we have a 4-month old son. She wanted something a little easier to get in/out of with the baby's car seat, so I just bought her a new Cayenne S. This is our 4th vehicle so we do not need it.

I was planning to sell it on Autotrader or a forum because I know that someone who is a Rover enthusiast would appreciate the condition of the truck and the time I've taken to sort it out and make it reliable. I've read on this forum in the past but have never had a need to post until now (hence my new status as a user).

I know it's a really drawn out message, but please feel free to email me directly if you'd like to discuss more. I am going to post pictures of it this weekend.

My email is c.hamilton75@gmail dot com

I would like to get $11,000 for the truck.

I'm happy to have a PPI conducted on the truck at the prospective buyer's expense. My office is less than a mile from Land Rover of Fort Worth, so I can easily drop it off there for an inspection.

I can assist you setting up shipping as well; I've used Reliable for a few other vehicles I've used and they've been really great to work with. They charged me $1000 to bring my Disco to me from Washington enclosed.

If my price is crazy I'll just keep it. I paid $18K for it two years ago from Land Rover Tacoma. I'm not really sure what the market for my truck is at this point.

- Chris Hamilton.

Last edited by HamsDisco; 01-16-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

email sent, thanks