Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 2007 Land Rover LR3, northern Chicago suburbs, $14,500

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:32 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOLD: 2007 Land Rover LR3 SOLD

The time has come to reluctantly sell my 2007 LR3. I'm going to post it on Cars.com tomorrow, but I'm posting it here first in hopes it will go to a fellow LR enthusiast. If you need more photos or have any questions, just IM me. Here's a copy and paste of the ad (note it was written for the general public, not the LR experts on this forum)!

My 2007 Land Rover LR3 SE has 95K miles and is finished in Zermatt Metallic Silver over Ebony leather with Brunel Nickel Metallic interior trim. It is powered by the reliable Jaguar derived quad cam 32 valve 4.4L V8 that produces 300 horsepower. It has been kept mostly stock with the exception of the roof mounted safari rack, rear access ladder, A-Frame push bar on the front bumper, and full tow package with auxiliary brake controller, wiring, and receiver hitch. It is being sold with a clear Illinois title in my name as well as with full maintenance history from when it was originally purchased at Orloff Land Rover in Chicago in 2007.

Options included in my LR3 include the Cold Climate Package (heated windshield, heated front/rear seats, heated windshield washers), voice navigation, premium Harman/Kardon sound, Bluetooth connectivity, satellite radio, front /rear park distance control, rain sensing wipers, homelink, and refrigerator in the center console to keep beverages cold on long drives. Everything works as it should, as do the gauges, lights, and electronics.
The Zermatt Silver paint is all original and presents well with even shine throughout. I bring the car to the detailer four times per year to have the car waxed and polished. Some minor scratches appear on the car, but it is free of door dings and dents. I am missing the two of the four plastic mounting hole covers on the A-frame push bar, and have been searching for replacements. It has been garage kept.

The interior has been well kept thanks to the included optional factory rubber mats. The leather surfaces have been conditioned regularly. There is a small 1/2” tear on the rear right seat lower corner. Other than that, there are no holes, rips, or stains in the upholstery. The dash, door panels, and hard surfaces have no cracks and show well.

I have an “open checkbook” approach when it comes to maintaining my vehicles, and this one is no exception. The car was originally maintained by Orloff Land Rover of Chicago, then at the Euro Shop (AKA Rover Shop) in Lake Villa, IL. Under the hood, the 4.4 liter V8 performs flawlessly and the vehicle benefits from a recent oil, transfer case, and differential service. All recommended maintenance was done on time or early, and I will be happy to provide all the records.

In addition, the typical known major trouble spots of LR3’s have already been addressed on this vehicle, including the control arms ($1,569), air suspension ($2,800), alpine roof glass ($2,164), wheel hubs ($940), and even the replacement of the slow-to-retract front seatbelts ($694).

The new owner will also receive a second set of rims with snow tires, two original keys, original manual, manual case, warranty books, safety guides, user guides for the car’s various optional extras, and the aforementioned service records. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Attached Thumbnails FS: 2007 Land Rover LR3, northern Chicago suburbs, ,500-img_9012.jpg   FS: 2007 Land Rover LR3, northern Chicago suburbs, ,500-img_8936.jpg   FS: 2007 Land Rover LR3, northern Chicago suburbs, ,500-img_8996.jpg   FS: 2007 Land Rover LR3, northern Chicago suburbs, ,500-img_9014.jpg   FS: 2007 Land Rover LR3, northern Chicago suburbs, ,500-img_9021.jpg  

Last edited by bumpdaddy; 02-18-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 01-27-2017, 07:41 PM
Drifting

I put the ad up on Craigslist with more pictures:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/5977840371.html

Old 01-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Mudding
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great looking lr3! Good luck with the sale it seems like you took perfect care of it! I would love to get my hands on one of those racks someday.
Best Regards, Kevin

Old 01-29-2017, 08:25 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Niver39
Great looking lr3! Good luck with the sale it seems like you took perfect care of it! I would love to get my hands on one of those racks someday.
Best Regards, Kevin
Thanks, Kevin! Yes, there's been a big effort on my part to try to keep it running and looking like new. My plan was to keep it forever, but we unexpectedly ended up acquiring another extra vehicle and we only have a 2 car garage. The last thing I want to do is see it go, but I'm hoping when it does, it goes to another avid Land Rover fan like myself.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 PM
Drifting

Reduced asking price to $13,900.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Drifting

Do you have interior photos? Driver seat, tear in the rear seat etc?

Old 02-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fizzbiz
Hi Fizzbiz -

You'll find more pictures on the Craigslist ad. The link to it is in this thread above. I was having a tough time uploading pics to this forum. I'll take a picture of the tear and post it here soon. If there's a certain area of the car you'd like me to take a photo of though, just let me know.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fizzbiz