Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS - PA: 99 Disco II

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:41 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS - PA: 99 Disco II

i have a 99 Land Rover Discovery II with 109,500 mi up for sale. it has the cold climate package with heated seats and glass, power windows, locks, seats, mirrors, dual sunroofs, and 7 passenger seating with jump seats. it runs good and has had the coil spring conversion done by a land rover dealer a little over a a year ago. it rides great both on the highway and in 4wd. i have taken this vehicle on several 200+ mile trips without any issues, avg about 13 mi/gal. it also has a 6 disc changer and the stereo (with controls on the steering wheel) sounds amazing. i had this baby for about a year and am only selling it because my wife just got a new car, so i had to pick between this and my 07 wrangler, so the disco II has got to go. it has been a reliable vehcile for me, the wife, and my 2yr old, especially on camping trips. it has a hitch receiver and wiring for a trailer. the only issues with this vehicle: some color fading on the roof, the passenger side fog light shroud is cracked, and the rear sunroof does not open. It does have the 3 amigos (since i bought it), but i have not had any brake/electronic/oil pump/or other mechanical issues with this since i've had it. I shopped around for a Disco II for about 6 months before picking this one up. it is a non-smoker, non-pet vehicle and the interior is in good condition. below is a link to some pics, please e-mail me if you have any questions. gapracer7@hotmail.com i will also consider trades for a sportbike and some cash. thanks for looking! my zip is 17851 in Pennsylvania.

land rover pictures from rides photos on webshots

Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM
4wd Low

make an offer !!

Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking truck, but you really need to give potential buyers some idea what you're asking for it.

Here are some questions you could also answer to help buyers get a good feel for the condition of the truck and help you establish as asking price:

- Do you have service records for the truck?

- How many owners have there been for this truck?

- Has the 90k service been completed?

- To the best of your knowledge, has it ever been overheated?

- Has the head gasket been replaced? (If not, it probably will need to be done in the near future.)

- How about the front drive shaft? Has it been replaced/rebuilt so it has grease-able u-joints and centering ball?

- Is there any rust (i.e.- on the frame, under the load space carpet,floor pans, etc.)

- What fluids is it leaking? (Notice I'm not asking whether it's leaking...it's a Rover...if it isn't leaking something, then it's probably empty. )

Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
Nice looking truck, but you really need to give potential buyers some idea what you're asking for it.

Here are some questions you could also answer to help buyers get a good feel for the condition of the truck and help you establish as asking price:

- Do you have service records for the truck?

- How many owners have there been for this truck?

- Has the 90k service been completed?

- To the best of your knowledge, has it ever been overheated?

- Has the head gasket been replaced? (If not, it probably will need to be done in the near future.)

- How about the front drive shaft? Has it been replaced/rebuilt so it has grease-able u-joints and centering ball?

- Is there any rust (i.e.- on the frame, under the load space carpet,floor pans, etc.)

- What fluids is it leaking? (Notice I'm not asking whether it's leaking...it's a Rover...if it isn't leaking something, then it's probably empty. )

I've owned it for nearly a year and when i first bought it had all the fluids drained and replaced during the inspection. I haven't done anything besides regular oil changes since i've had it. It never overheated for me, even on trips that last nearly 3 hours both ways. The previous owner didn't say anything about the gaskets or drive shafts being replaced. There is no rust on the vehicle either. it's fairly solid and has been reliable for me when i needed it over the past year.

Thanks for your help! i am happy to answer any questions anybody would have also, so let me know!

Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
4wd Low

make me an offer

Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Callaway did not put any badging on the truck?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 AM
4wd Low

Callaway?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well looks like a nice Discovery Series II. But can you beat his asking price?: 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 2000 Landrover Discovery II

Old 07-02-2011, 07:45 AM
4wd Low

I have it listed locally for 5 and my bottom line is about 4. My disco has about 30,000 less miles

Old 07-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good match to compare:

30,000 less miles is good (though in my eyes anything under 200k is equally good), but for 30,000 extra miles you can get a "2000" discovery series 2. Like yours it comes with the winter package, full size spare, excellent conditioned interior and exterior (minus the damage on your front bumper and the rear drivers side window). Both have 3 amigos. Yours has 3rd role seats - his comes with running boards. His has new new o2 senors, new wires plugs battery and giod tires. On a side note both are horrible on gas and neither one is road legal due to dash lights. So let's assume the total cost of correcting the notorious 3 amigos comes to around $400, now add in around $200 average registration plus $25 for title transfer, another $45 for inspection when that day comes, plus $50 to feed the hunger V8 and that all comes to $720 all of which is to be added to the asking price and assuming the vehicle miraculously does not need any other work. So for your rig that's between $4,720-$5,720. For his rig that's $2,920 grand total!