Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

MINT! 2000 Disco II PART OUT!! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MINT! 2000 Disco II PART OUT!! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT

Hello boys and girls

I bought a 2000 land rover discovery and come to find out the previous owner never registered the car. Unfortunatly now for me I am now the owner of a land rover that i can not register. I need to know the name of the previous owner to make up a bill of sale but all i have is the VIN number. Long story short here I am trying to get some of my money back by parting it out.

The truck is in absolutly beautiful condition inside and out. Drives great. only has 90k miles. Every single electronic works. Brand new tires, including a extra alloy rim with a brand new tire on that for a spare.

I just recently had the headgaskets done as well as the timing cover gasket so the engine is basically fresh. New head bolts, complete engine gasket kit. RUNS PERFECT! Tranny is great. Everything is mint like I said.

Shoot me reasonable offers on anything you may need and I am even willing to ship at your expense.

I need the space in my garage and this thing isnt doing me any good sitting in my garage. IF YOU CAN GET ME PAPERWORK SOME HOW SOME WAY I WILL GIVE YOU $500!!

Thank you all and happy bidding.

Tony

Old 03-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Mudding
Default Were do you live?

Do you have any pictures of the vehicle, tires, front end back end, inside. All these pictures will help people determine if they need a part adn you have the same color, it will only speed things up for all.

Just my Two cents.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
4wd High

its the burgundy red color. Ill try to get some pictures up tomorrow. All body panels are in mint condition.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Overlanding

Where are you located?

Old 03-06-2012, 05:32 AM
4wd High

Rhode Island

Old 03-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

You have to be the laziest person I have ever seen, if you can't figure out how to go track down the owner, go to the DMV, call Rover and put all the needed information together.
Get off your butt and make it happen/

Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Mudding

I just need upper radiator hose as a spare im in 75104

Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I thought you only needed a bill of sale to register a car in Rhode Island if it was over 10 years old.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
4wd High

Thats the first time ive ever been called lazy. I went to the dmv, police station, tried it all. There are laws protecting people from getting the information that i need, you need to be either a dealer or banker to get that information. Sucks, I basically got burnt.

I dont have the right upper radiator hose, i had to make one work from the back of autozone but it does fit pretty close to where the stock one goes. definitely word get you out of a bind if need be. 20 bucks shipped should do it.

The person that i bought it off of was not the last person to register the car. I just need a bill of sale written out from the previous person that owned it so i can pay the taxes and what not. ( i just need the name so i can make one up).

Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait, so you bought a Rover, did a head gasket job as well as other work before even trying to register the car? Is THAT the story here?

I've seen someone selling a car they never registered in their own name...BUT they at least had the title with the previous owner's name and signature on it. lol

Quick Reply: MINT! 2000 Disco II PART OUT!! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT