Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My 96 SE Discovery.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 96 SE Discovery.

Yup. It's for sale. I've decided I need to get a minivan or a wagon. The truck can speak for itself. Take a simple look at my signature for a small list of what I have done to it. The Interiors perfect. literally showroom condition. All 5 tires are new., shocks are new. Springs are new (used) D90's. Has new brakes, new tie-rods, complete new exhaust system with toddco headers, mangnifow cats and flowmaster muffler. New O2 sensors. New Valley pan gasket. New IACV, New ECU, New wires and plugs (magnicore 8mm and champion coppers). NO LEAKS. Runs like a bat out of hell. Easily the fastest discovery I've owned or driven. Everything works. Original radio, Cold Air, all windows seat sunroofs work. New thermostat, new headliner, and the list goes on. It's not going cheap. I've too much time and money in this truck. There is ZERO rust. let me repeat that to me totally clear... There is ZERO, I mean none, rust anywhere on this truck. You will be hard pressed to find another 96 in this condition. The only area that could use any attention is a small quarter sized ding in the rear quarter... A stupid simple fix if it bothers you that much.

I'm entertaining offers.

BTW, I'm also selling my 81 300D and most likely my 87 300D (Once the new heads on and the car is fixed which should be this or next week).

I'm asking 3500 for the 81. I'll be asking the same for the 87. The truck... again, entertaining offers.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Winching

People have been asking about the truck. The lowest I would take for it is 4k. Yes that's high, but It would be hard for me to replace the truck for the same money and have one in this condition. Anything less, and I might as well keep it and use it to pull my trailer around etc.

I have quite a few videos of it here, http://www.youtube.com/user/NGARover (it's the white one). You can see the truck from when I bought it, as I worked on it and once I finally got it right.

Last edited by ngarover; 04-01-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good Luck with it. Wish I could get one of the Benz's but money is non existant here.

People are going to think you been smoking some of that wildwood flower dude.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Good Luck with it. Wish I could get one of the Benz's but money is non existant here.

People are going to think you been smoking some of that wildwood flower dude.

Cause of the price? I don't know. Anyone here that understands the amount of money and time I have spent on this truck should understand that 4k is really not that much. There is 1000 bucks of new rubber on her, the headers, cats, o2, new pipe over a grand... so there is half of it right there. start doing the math on the other stuff, like the new valley pan gasket, the valve cover gaskets, the fact I cleaned all the sludge out, the sensors I replaced, the new wires, and on and on and on...

Plus take into consideration that this is a rust free truck, with a showroom quality interior, with working AC, sunroof and all windows, new door latch springs all the way around etc and the price I'm asking started to even make more sense... add in the the new springs, struts, brakes, oil pan and gasket, all the tie rods etc... I'm just saying...

I'm keeping her in the original paint, it's good and I don't want someone thinking I had it reshot to try and "hide" something... Nope, you can see everything original. I've done a little test buffing, and the original paint is shining right up. I think I'll go and do the whole truck sometime this week and make her sparkle.

You can buy a 1000 buck disco and spend the time and money like I did, or just buy this one ready to go.

But, I've been pulling my trailer around with it the last couple weeks and it pulls it great. Up in North Georgia I'm constantly pulling up mountains etc and it does it without issue. So, I'm really in no hurry to sell her off and the price will stand. I would rather sell off a couple of the MB's instead. I'm keeping my 85 300CD. I've had a few people ask about it, but it's not for sale. It's scheduled for the body shop and going to be redone. Much to rare of a car to not fully redo.

Last edited by ngarover; 04-05-2011 at 08:58 AM.