Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Parting out my Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parting out my Discovery II

This is sad, but the time has come
After driveing over a year with a cracked cylinder sleeve, my engine is just burning up too much coolant for my comfort. So its time for it to go.

If anyone has something they would like a picture of how it comes apart let me know.
I will be putting the parts up on ebay soon, but if anyone here needs anything, I'll give you guys first dibs. I'm not looking to get rich of the parts, just to get a fair price.

UPDATE: EVERYTHING SOLD except the passenger side front door, and both rear doors.
If interested in any of the doors, they are all Java black, and come complete with interior panels, windows, speakers etc. I will not ship them or part them out, they are availible for pickup only in Michigan.
thanks to everyone who bought some stuff from me!

Attached Thumbnails Parting out my Discovery II-land-rover-pic.jpg  

Last edited by noahv; 02-13-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: items sold, people dont read the other posts
Old 02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Overlanding

Sold a few parts, still lots and lots availible! Listed a few things on ebay (user name capoed_rainsong) price goes up once i have to do the ebay hassle.

If there are any parts you want that I have not listed , just ask. There is a lot I have not thought to list yet!
All parts come off a 1999 Land rover discovery II, without ACE and without secondary Air. Gas V8 automatic. Black with grey leather interior.
If you want a part shipped, I can do so, by listing the part on ebay for you and selling and shipping through ebay. Or .to keep things simple you can just PayPal me and I will ship

Front Drivers Left door $200 shell or Complete Door with glass, power lock, power window componets, interior parts,speaker etc. $ 325
I started parting out the passenger side front, and relized its alot of work, and some would probably rather just bolt on a whole new working door complete,
so I dont want to part out Drivers side door.
Front passenger side door, complete with glass,interior panel.(lock is not reliable, no window motor or regulator) $200
Window motor (drivers side only)$50
Window regulator (drivers side only)$50
Front window drivers left or passenger right 99-04 $50
window gasket $5
Interior panel $20
Lock actuator (drivers side only, replaced recently) $85

Rear bumper $250 complete with bumper support, $200 without

Font Fender, right passenger, or drivers left, $150

Parts are coming off a 1999 LandRover Disco 2 Most Parts will fit 99, 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004.
I am not a junkyard, this vehicle was my main vehicle up until Jan 14th. Which means these are not old parts in unknown condition sitting around on a shelf, or even worse sitting outside in the weather. I know the car and which parts are a great working condition, and which ones "technically" work, but I don't quite trust.

Rear door drivers side left or passenger side right shell $75
Complete Door with glass, interior speakers, locks(power locks work sometimes) window motor etc., $200
Rear window $50
Rear small quarter window $35
Rear actuator (does not work consistently, only occasionally. not for sale)
Rear window motor right or left $30
Rear window regulator right or left $20

Cargo door/rear/tailgate door $150 or complete with interior panel, wiper arm, break light, etc. rear wiper works sometimes, one of the cargo door speaker is blown $200

Back lock acuator mechanism $150
Cargo window $100

Window and heated seats switch panel $50
Heat/ac control panel $35 (one of the red and blue tempature buttons does not light up)
Homelink garage door opener $20
Gauges RPM, speedomter etc $50
Washer pump $15
Wheels, 16" aluminum Set of 5 with B.F Goodrich A/T KO oversized, not tons of tread left
Radiator -30
Cooling fan -no price yet

Front window it IS a heated window, there is a small chip that was sealed right away 6 years ago, repair was successful. $100 (spoken for, not yet sold)
Radio $35
under seat Alpine OEM Cd changer, works, but not trustworthy $15
Harmon Kardon Amp$50

Oem wiper arms $25

Upgraded wiper arms $35

Exhaust complete, $150

Transmission. Tranny. EXCELLENT condition! still in car, may be able to test it if car isnt taken too much apart. $400 removed, or $300 if you remove
Front Driveshaft was sent out by my mechanic to be rebuilt 17k miles ago $75 (spoken for, not yet sold)
Starter -bad
Altenator -50 shipped
Water pump -not priced yet
rear pads and new rotors 12k miles on them -not yet priced

The following items have sold:
front bumper -spoken for, not yet sold
front grille -spoken for, not yet sold
hood -spoken for, not yet sold

Lights
Taillight upper brake light 98-02 (blinker in not in light, blinker is down on rera bumper for 99-02) $40
Turn signal blinker light (on bottom bumper)99-02 $20
Side marker $25
Headlight $75

The following items are in questionable condition:
-A/C compressor - works, but there is a leak somewhere in the air conditioning system that needs to be charged up 2x a year.

-Engine- had (according to dealership) a crack in cylinder sleeve, was buring antifreeze and finally was burning to much for my comfort.
I dont think the problems was head gaskets, as thoose had been recently replaced.

-Leather seats,- heat does not work on drivers, and gets way too hot on passengerside, might be going out. i did read a thread once on how to fix the heating elements on the seats for free, but never tried it. $100 for all!

Power Steering Pump $100
ABS $75

Let me know what you need!

Old 02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Overlanding

I'm interested in speakers and console mounted cup holders if you have them.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Mudding
Default Turn signal

I'm looking for a front passenger side turn signal for a 2000 Disco ll
Thanks,

Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM
4th Gear
Default Bumper

How much would you want for that ARB front Bumper?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Overlanding

I'm looking for a drivers sider mirror. Mine flops back and forth in the wind. How much for yours shipped to Tulsa?

Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Overlanding
Default all thats left is the doors

Everything has sold except for the doors, Java black, complete,if interested they are for sale, local pickup only in Michigan. Thanks !