Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FOR SALE - Freelander (2001) V6, 5 Door, Black, Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 07:54 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOR SALE - Freelander (2001) V6, 5 Door, Black, Auto

This is an offer directed, ideally, towards an enthusiast. We are sadly having to our beloved Freelander after almost 10 years of lovely memories.
We purchased in 2006/7 and it was on 21k with us now having taken it to circa 53k.

This is a LOW MILEAGE car - with many more years of driving left in it. The reason for the low mileage is that it spent most of its life in London.
There are some plus/minuses - and I will list all these in detail as I list the cars spec -

1. Freelander
2. V6
3. Automatic
4. Petrol
5. 53.4k miles (circa)
6. Grey leather interior
7. Original cassette deck

Other comments -
Generally in good condition, it has been driven regularly but not mega long distance, mainly local driving and weekend jaunts.
It has some imperfections on the body, such as stone chips - from driving and due to its age. But no major dents and has never been in any accident.

It comes with a Landrover umbrella and a Landrover sports bag with a bundle of papers.

Negatives -
1. It has failed its MOT. I am being upfront about this. It needs to be given a check on the emission as I have been informed. I spent some money on sorting out some of the things, such as a lamda tester by one mechanic, but i think it needs some work done on the 'cat', which is both beyond my mechanical expertise and I don't have the time to address.
2. The sun roof has a mechanical/electronic fault and needs to be fixed. I gather it needs a new belt (or something).
3. The driver sun visor got damaged due to a fault - which I cannot explain, but it may need replacing.
4. A few of the mud guards are missing (in London, they steal anything...)
5. The floor mats are all original - but the drivers mat has become worn out (and could do with replacing).

I had it serviced recently and have spent in the past couple of weeks over £500 in the hope of keeping it. But with the MOT issue and the reality of having potential four cars - I have accepted defeat.

So am inviting offers.
I will post some photos once I have had a chance to get he baby seats out, the car washed/cleaned and given a valet.

I am happy to answer ANY question and will be as honest and direct as I have been.

I will, despite all the above, not take any offer below £1,500

Please do not waste your time (or mine) if you are not serious or if the minimum price is too high for you.

Attached Thumbnails FOR SALE - Freelander (2001) V6, 5 Door, Black, Auto-freelander.jpg