Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Selling 1996 Discovery SD, 33K miles, offer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling 1996 Discovery SD, 33K miles, offer

Hey all,

I'm parting ways with my 1996 Discovery I SD in red. I'm going to be totally honest with all info on this car, so if you aren't interested, then its all good. I am located in New York.

First off, it has low mileage for a car that is 16 years old at about 33,000 miles. It has been serviced by Land Rover Glen Cove, Land Rover Manhattan, Land Rover Willow Grove, and Main Line Jaguar/Land Rover. New front brakes were done at Firestone in PA. I have several documents containing service done on this car upon request.

The car is kept clean interior and exterior wise. There are absolutely no running problems in terms of engine etc.

Now come the cons. I got into an accident March 2011 and it was a rear ender, where I ended up getting damage on the hood, bumper, left headlight, and left fender. The airbags also deployed on the driver and passenger side. I got the hood, bumper, fender, headlights, and airbags replaced. The only issue that is still lasting after the accident is the SRS (airbag) light being on. Dealerships tried to diagnose the issue, but don't seem to know whats going on.

The final con is that two days ago, while the discovery was parked, a dump truck hit the rear passenger side so there is some damage to the rear passenger lights and rear passenger fender. I will not be fixing these issues.

Serious offers only, but I am ears to any reasonable offer. I'm pretty sure this car is attractive for its low mileage and year, especially for those who opt to intend on using this vehicle for off roading purposes and could care less about air bags etc.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be sure to answer. Again, I am located in New York, specifically Queens.

Thanks!!

-DM