Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Truck for sale Discover series 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck for sale Discover series 2

2001 Land rover discovery II just under 100k[[98-99 very possibly 985.k to be more specific) miles needs work{rough unstable idle not sure whats wrong]] heated leather seats 6-cd changer under passage seat

V8 5.4 or 5.0 liter {not sure } minor front body damage just had full brake work done.

ive no idea what it needs the last time I had it at a shop the mechanic mentioned it might be the ignition coil {which at the time was something like $750-800 bucks it has sat sense then.idles somewhat rough has a tendency to jump revs while driving but as of 2-3 years ago when starting fired right up as I find the photos ill upload them any offers reply here if we like it {we want it out of the driveway but want a reasonable price} ill get in touch with you and exchange cellnumbers

new England area preferred {mainly massachuseets Seekonk to be exact}

was last apprised in cash for clunkers at about $4,000 so consider that the starting price which is open to flexability.

nothing agenst landrover our our truck in specific ,as painful as it is we cannot afford to maintain it and it kills me just watching bushes grow around it unused in the driveway

Attached Thumbnails Truck for sale Discover series 2-truck.jpg   Truck for sale Discover series 2-cam00061.jpg   Truck for sale Discover series 2-cam00062.jpg  

Last edited by Aqua Swede; 11-12-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,457 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Interested, but I need more pictures and details.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:41 AM
4th Gear

Explain what you want,ill try to get the info you need

Old 12-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

if you can get $4k from cash for clunkers do that, that's a lot of money for the vehicle.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,457 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua Swede
Explain what you want,ill try to get the info you need
More exterior pics (1 HD per side should be fine), pic of tire tread, pic of front end damage. How long have you had it? What's the mileage? What are the major service items you have had done since you owned it?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
if you can get $4k from cash for clunkers do that, that's a lot of money for the vehicle.
that was probably 3-5 years ago,i tried to talk my mother into agreeing but she shot it down and as its in her name you se where my hands are tied,shes also clueless about cars sooo yeah

Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Seriously. I bought my '99 SE with none of those issues, 97k, and a crack in the bumper for $3300 two years ago.

Take that $4k and run like the wind, my friend.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Extinct
More exterior pics (1 HD per side should be fine), pic of tire tread, pic of front end damage. How long have you had it? What's the mileage? What are the major service items you have had done since you owned it?

we haven't run it in years, the photos I can do,i know we had to replace the water pump once or twice{maybe more,ill need to try to find the copy of the bill to verify) , then it had a coolent leak<bad hose was simple> newish brakes<new shoes pads calipers>

currently will not pass inspection <my mother simply refuses to pay mechanic fees and the at the time price for what we think is the issue <ignition coil(850 bucks dealer part apparently)/o2 sensor(clueless on price)
this was 3-5 years ago
and apparently at 100,000 miles theres a 10k tuneup or something

current mileage is 95-98k<will verify when I get around to replaceing the battery

truth be told my mother just wants it outta the driveway <I know theres scrappers one offered $350 cash, and that got shot down)

I think my mother bought a lemon or we're just really bad at maintaining land rovers(yes this is our first, and most likely last one if there all expensive to maintain I may buy one in the future however as my mother owns the one im trying to sell) (although the '99 camry we have has no problems aside from a cracked exaust manifold with 130k miles on it maybe 4 cylinder engines cant die lol)

front end damage is simply a plastic part of the bumper (I will get pics soon>

currently needs a battery and a replacement drivers side rear tire<its flat, damned if im gonna use the jack that came with the truck to replace it]] otherwise they are almost brand new maybe a year two years old<based on driving in actuality they have sat on the truck for 3-5 years and no I don't see cracking or softening they look well brand new nearly)

when it was running before the problems it was and still is a strong engine smooth ride<suspensions a bit stiff for my likeing but better solid then bounceing all over the place>

========================================

im asking a serious question should I "as in myself" buy it off of my mother and just try to fix it as I get funds avalible.

convince her to scrap it<for whatever money were offered> convince her to fix it up or what?

about the only thing in truth I know about land rovers is they are English built ,no idea how much typical part costs are or anything like that and as its doubtful we will beable to afford another car (my camry is the only one we have right now that's driveable and I never get touse it cause my mother is working non stop{40+ hours a week, i myself collect from the state) and am pretty much stuck at home<nothing really in walking distance aside from a gas station/dunkin donuts]] I want a vehicle for myself(camry not included for obvious reasons lol)

like I said before everybody ive talked to says its either the ignition coil or an o2 sensor otherwise it runs and drives fine

Last edited by Aqua Swede; 12-09-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I, Like most people, would be interested in the truck, but you need to state a price and work from there. You have refused the $350 from salvage yard and that's fine. But you state that the truck has not run in years but you want $4000 which is not real. If the buyer is patience, you can usually find them running but need a head gasket for $1000 - $1500. Not that you're not being honest, but with it not running, the buyer does not know if it needs a coil pack, heads, the motor knocking, etc.

Please post something like $1000 or best offer and go from there, but be sure you have your mom permission that she will sell to keep from wasting eveyone's time.

Thanks and I hope you're able to sell her to a good home.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

It's prolly, just a fuse.

Quick Reply: Truck for sale Discover series 2