Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

R380 Swap + Pedals + Flywheel... Pictures / Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R380 Swap + Pedals + Flywheel... Pictures / Video

I'm in the middle of working on a diesel swap into a Land Rover Discovery and I bought a R380 from a guy down in portland. I bought all the bits I would need to convert, but found that I'm not going to need a lot of them. When a second transmission popped up, I figured I could sell off one of the trans along with the flywheel, pedal assembly.. etc so someone could have the big ticket items if they chose they wanted to do a manual swap. I simply don't need all the parts I gathered. Thought I'd save ebay for a last resort.

SO here listed:
R380 complete with bell housing
Pedal assembly (came of a UK spec, I was just going to hang the clutch pedal on auto assembly.. easy to do and examples online.. can show you)
Slave / Master Cylinder
Release Fork and associated pins and clips
**Newly installed front and rear seals (input / output shafts)**

These parts sourced separately are very expensive. Please do your own research, do not take my word for it. I believe this is a very good price for these parts.

When I first bought it I tore it down for inspection. I visually inspected the syncro gears and dog teeth for wear. The guy I bought it from was unable to give me much history on it other than it had about 130K on it. I found the dog teeth on each gear were all in great condition and syncros showed light wear (from what I could tell online). I replaced the front seal and the rear seal and gave it a quick shot of paint.

The ring gear on the flywheel looks to be in top notch condition. I cannot speak for the clutch master and slave cylinders, although rebuild kits for both are inexpensive.

I've included pictures of everything when I had it apart as well as videos of the input shaft play (none) and running through the gears. It will be up to buyer to decide on cooler lines/ clutch line. I plan on making my clutch line with AN fittings and some braided hose. Not a difficult task and inexpensive.

I also believe the transmission had been rebuilt before , it had orange rtv on casings when I pulled it apart. All bearings and races looked perfect. I don't claim to be an expert and having never driven on it can't be certain, every indication I saw was that it was in top shape.

Email me with any questions,

Thank You

PICTURES

http://imgur.com/a/VZ9wm#0

$1500

Old 10-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mods please delete, posted wring section, sorry!