ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Nw Oregon rover owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nw Oregon rover owners?

So I searched the rovers united website and this section of the forums, and I didn't see any Oregon clubs, anyone on here in nw Portland, Oregon area?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Aloha! I work at Intel, the Ronler Acre campus. Welcome to the club!! Sloppy and a few others live in the Seattle area.

What ya driving? Got pics?

I have a Kiversand (Orangeish/Brick color) '99 D2. Pretty much stock so far....

Hope others in the area start posting, was wondering why there are soo many Rovers in the Portland area and no one seems to pop up on here.

David

Old 09-07-2009, 10:30 PM
4wd Low

Hey david,

Names Kris, I live in the pearl district downtown portland. just bought a 2000 discovery series II. it has 93k miles and its white. I dont have any pictures yet but I will be taking some tomorrow.

Also work downtown at a investment advisory firm.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Drifting

Hey All,
Name's Chris too, Not from Oregon, but an Idahoan. Live in Nampa, ID. I'm in Portland most of the week. And I see Rover's everywhere too, but no one seems to be friendly or Want to talk. They are all too busy or something. Anywho, welcome to the Forums. What'cha drive, maybe i'll see ya and say Hi!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:46 AM
4wd Low

Hey chris, ya keep an eye out for a white stock disco 2 in the nw Portland area. I wish I had some type of indicator on it, but I don't lol.

Oh and David, do you know of a good shop to work on these things? Garages are hard to come by living downtown.

Last edited by ktryber6; 09-08-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle

i had a girl i havent talked to in a few years call me a coupole weeks ago and inform me that her and i are moving to oregon as soon as she finishes school, it may seem odd to you guys, but if you knew me and her you would know that when she graduates we may really be moving up there, so you never know i may be living up around that area before too long

Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ktryber6
Hey chris, ya keep an eye out for a white stock disco 2 in the nw Portland area. I wish I had some type of indicator on it, but I don't lol.

Oh and David, do you know of a good shop to work on these things? Garages are hard to come by living downtown.
I have talked to and bought parts from:

Columbia Rovers
635 NW 16th Ave
Portland, Or 97209
www.columbiarovers.com

They seem to know what they are doing and don't have a beef with the LR dealer or other shops like PDX does.

I worked on mostly Japanesse cars for 14 years before working for Intel, so I do all my own work soo far... I did get some great advise and free help from Columbia a few times. If I'm looking for a used part locally, I call them. They also post parts from time to time in craigslist. Last time I talked to them they were trying to fab up some custom bumpers for various models.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Drifting

Talk to Francis Watson at PDX Rovers. He's got the scoop on the local scene. Pacific Coast Rover Club has a Portland chapter that is fairly active. I've been out with them a couple of times.

www.pdxrovers.com

www.pcrc.net

Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Mudding

"Talk to Francis Watson at PDX Rovers. He's got the scoop on the local scene."

Yep, been there. Done that. Had tooo much BS to say about the "other" shops in the area, didn't pay attention to MY trucks issue OR what I was saying....

They replaced my nice metal plate frame with their cheesy plastic "PDX" plate frame. After driving the truck for a couple days and listening to the noise I was trying to describe to him while he was too busy BS'ing, I gladly removed the "PDX" frame.......

BTW, Not to start something here. But......HE told me that these forums are NO GOOD and to NEVER take the advice given from them..

Getting wound up, sorry. Going to get the Jack Daniels bottle now.

Last edited by NW_rockhound; 09-20-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
4th Gear

I second Columbia Rovers!
I recently had some major issues with my beloved Rover, Salty. I took it to PDX Rovers first, where they didn't fix the issue, but happily charged me.
I then found Columbia Rovers. They fixed EVERYTHING I was having issues with, quickly and correctly. The owner was very nice and explained the problems I was having in a way I could understand....
I highly recommend Columbia Rovers and will NEVER go anywhere else.

Quick Reply: Nw Oregon rover owners?