Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP - Factory DVD PLAYER and GROM AUDIO

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Factory DVD PLAYER and GROM AUDIO

I was hoping someone would have an answer , I have a Disco 2004 with factory mounted DVD Player and cd changer, I just ordered A Grom Audio Bluetooth just arrived! , I just realized I don't want to lose the DVD for my kids but would like to install the Grom audio, can I still do this and continue to have full functionality of the DVD player? does the DVD player get power from the cd changer or the Head Radio unit how about sound? If I disconnect CD changer will I have problems with the DVD unit?
I’m ok losing the cd changer, the DVD player functionality is what I don't want to lose, this includes sound through speakers. I have attached a picture of the unit I have it is attached to the roof it seems to be original. Right now the way it works is I start the movie and to get sound I have to press on the CD button on the head unit and sound starts, if no movie is playing I will get CD changer ( but it’s a hit and miss with the cd changer sometimes it works many times it does not) I was hoping to connect grom audio either to the back of the head unit or at the cd changer whatever will work and keep functionality of the dvd player. thoughts?

Does anyone know where DVD player gets its power and Audio from? does the cd changer have anything to do with that ( I hope not!)

Old 11-18-2016, 01:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

There is a selector box that goes inline between the head unit and the cd changer

if your Bluetooth adapter connects at the head unit, you'll lose the DVD player. If it connects at the end of the cable where the cd changer is then it will be fine. The only catch is you won't be able to listen to Bluetooth while the rear passengers listen to the DVD through the cubby mounted headphone jacks since both audio is going through the same source input

You should theoretically be able to adapt the head unit plug to the cd changer end. If you're interested in having one made PM me. I've got models of the connectors and should be able to print a connector adapter

The cd changer style plug looks like the attached image

Last edited by robertf; 11-18-2016 at 01:30 PM.