Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included

1. So I found the bladder: image 1 it seemed soft and pliable.

2. I also see where the hose(s) are supposed to attach at the bottom of the bladder: image 2
is it 2 hoses or 1 hose? If it is 1 hose I assume it goes on the black nipple, or the white? Does anything go on the other nipple if it is 1 hose?

3 the hose: image 3 is obviously broken; I know one end attaches at the bottom of the bladder...where does the opposite end go? I can’t find a location to complete the application.

Thanks

Doc

Attached Thumbnails Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included-003c289c-d591-4ce2-a209-1570f751fb2a.jpeg   Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included-8a935dfd-3714-498f-ac5b-c2c9ffad8522.jpeg   Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included-632864cf-ca1b-4234-9979-6111e09a43d4.jpeg  
Old 09-13-2018, 08:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

I can only answer 2. Nothing goes to the white end.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

So the hoses are all centered right there in that one assembly that has the pump, the actuator (the bladder thingy) and the rest. It makes total sense if you can see one put together.

In order to test the actuator, I removed the whole assembly and then the actuator itself and tested to see if it held pressure. The part that sucks is that the actuator is $100 to replace. In the 2 discos I’ve had, I’ve replaced an actuator and a pump.

Let me see if I’ve got any pics of it out and can post those here, but I’m assuming you’ve already confirmed everything in the cab is working as well, yes?

Old 09-13-2018, 09:05 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by longtallsally
So the hoses are all centered right there in that one assembly that has the pump, the actuator (the bladder thingy) and the rest. It makes total sense if you can see one put together.

In order to test the actuator, I removed the whole assembly and then the actuator itself and tested to see if it held pressure. The part that sucks is that the actuator is $100 to replace. In the 2 discos I’ve had, I’ve replaced an actuator and a pump.

Let me see if I’ve got any pics of it out and can post those here, but I’m assuming you’ve already confirmed everything in the cab is working as well, yes?
the dash button lights up: the steering wheel buttons do NOT engage the CC.

where does the “other end” of the hose go? I know one end attaches to the bottom of the bladder...but no clue where the other end goes.

thanks

doc

Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle

OK, if the steering wheel controls don't work, anything under the hood is a waste of time. You will need to replace the clock spring or rotary coupler ($$$, or find a used one).

But here are a couple pics:

So the big hose is the output from the pump to the actuator. That is what sucks the actuator in, which is what pulls the cable on the other end leading to the throttle body. The other hoses are the air intake or something like that running from the pump or something- sorry can't remember everything, but hopefully the pics will give you some reference if you study them a bit.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 PM
TReK
Received 788 Likes on 655 Posts

The white port is a vent. Nothing attaches to the flanged end of it. The stray hose goes onto the unused port near the white one.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:31 PM
Mudding

Ok; I’m kinda not buying into that...the CC activates. It will not engage because the hose is broken and disconnected from the bladder.

Please explain this spring coupler, etc...

Doc

Originally Posted by longtallsally
OK, if the steering wheel controls don't work, anything under the hood is a waste of time. You will need to replace the clock spring or rotary coupler ($$$, or find a used one).

But here are a couple pics:

So the big hose is the output from the pump to the actuator. That is what sucks the actuator in, which is what pulls the cable on the other end leading to the throttle body. The other hoses are the air intake or something like that running from the pump or something- sorry can't remember everything, but hopefully the pics will give you some reference if you study them a bit.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:31 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by mollusc
The white port is a vent. Nothing attaches to the flanged end of it. The stray hose goes onto the unused port near the white one.
i understand that....where does the OTHER END go?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ReconDoc83

i understand that....where does the OTHER END go?

The other end goes to the actuator if I’m looking correctly. Follow the pics I posted or look up in the RAVE, or even look for pumps for sale on Ebay to learn the routing.

In terms of the rotary coupler, that’s what makes the radio and CC work on the steering wheel as it turns. If your radio controls don’t work either, that is the issue. Lots documented out there on all this stuff. There is a thread here if you search that will run you through some great procedures.

My point was that in order to send a signal to the pump under the hood, the switches have to work. In the cab you have the computer, switches, and brake switch. Under the hood are the hoses, pump, and actuator.

Last edited by longtallsally; 09-13-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

I have a new rotary coupler on my kitchen table right now. My CC buttons stopped working, then the others buttons, and finally I got an SRS warning for airbag Circuit. It failed piece by piece until I couldn't pass inspection; hence the new (to me) part.

​​​​​​

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-13-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included