Sights N Sounds Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Land Rovers, Range Rovers, and Freelanders.

LRO Featured Lanes in Wales Video. V Gulley, Pheasant Steps

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LRO Featured Lanes in Wales Video. V Gulley, Pheasant Steps

We were out last weekend in Denbighshire and it just so happens that the December issue of Land Rover Owner International covers all the lanes that we do when we are in that area. I haven’t included the Wayfayrer just because that’s such standard fodder!

I often get asked for details of the routes shown in my films. Well here is the perfect opportunity to get a set.

A bit longer than my usual films this one but it needed to be to fit it all in. Also the weather was horrible so the filming quality isn’t quite to my usual standard!

Have a look on page 62 of LRO onwards and you can get a little video taster of almost every lane they describe. Towards the end there is even a close up of a DISCO 1 ejecting its own suspension!

Old 11-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Are the "green lanes" mostly ancient paths, trails, roads for carts, carriages, wagons, horses interconnecting farmsteads, villages and rural areas?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty much all of that.

In the UK the Green PC brigade are trying to ban all motorised transport from a lot of these lanes so its starting to be a dying pass time.

It's pretty short sighted because a lot of those sunken and overgrown lanes will be completely impassible in 12 months if 4x4's don't drive down then now and again!