Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Talk about your suspension within.

disco 1 suspension Q

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts
Default disco 1 suspension Q

ok my rear springs are shot and disco looks like it is draggin tail, i also need shocks, i was gonna swap some used springs but decided that new would be best

I do not realy want to jack her up so how much higher does the 2" terra lift realy sit and what size tires would i need, my current tires are good and stock size with a matching spare, I do not offroad, i do not plan on adding a winch, roof rack, high lift jack or gas cans,

I do have oem running boards, rear a/c and use the rear jump seats, it would be nice to tow time to time without the rear end being on the ground

am I better off with new oem height springs? or oem light in front and oem medium in rear? I do not want to make this purchase twice

Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

can anyone tell me the actual height the disco sits with the 2" terra lift and what the minimum tire size is I would need to go up to?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

There should be tons of pics on this site if you just search "terrafirma lift".

Given that you are sagging it would be a noticeable bump up, but not monster-truck like by any means.

You dont need bigger tires...its an aesthetics thing.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the terra, but replacing my old OEM with OME HD springs/shocks lifted me about 2.5" front and almost 3" rear...but that's using the baseline of 14 year old sagging springs.

Just like you, I didn't want to make the purchase twice...so I went with HD F/R so I could grow into them without needing to switch springs. Right now the truck is stock, but am planning on acquiring bumpers, sliders and a rack in the future. It rides nicely and very compliant...the ride in my 335 is bouncier and more rigid. If you do plan on towing I can only imagine having stiffer springs will be helpful.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

thanks for the reply, that was my other thought

I figured if I got the light terra springs or the medium/heavy oe height springs it would put me at the same height

you say it does not ride like a brick with the heavy springs?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TOM R
you say it does not ride like a brick with the heavy springs?
Not at all. Granted I'm coming from a 335i with sport suspension, and before that had a WRX wagon with adjustable coilovers running at full-hard; but my wife thinks it rides just fine and hasn't complained at all. It doesn't spill my coffee when I'm drive to work, either.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

OK so who has the best price? ab?

Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

Don't buy a new suspension based on price, that won't give you what you want.
T.F. are the least expensive with one of the highest failure rates especially there shocks. They might hold up if you do not go wheeling but won't take hard trails for long.
You are far better of saving up your money and buy a good RTE or Old Man Emu's that will last so much longer while giving you a much better ride.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

If you want cheap and quality doesn't matter, there is another new lift set in our classified section.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TOM R
OK so who has the best price? ab?
I actually got the best price from Rovers North, same with my snorkel. They also had a real cheap shift boot replacement kit. Poke around, a lot of the online vendors have holiday specials.

Quick Reply: disco 1 suspension Q