Suspension sponsored by Arnott Inc. Talk about your suspension within.

Disco II lift recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco II lift recomendations?

Heya. I'd like to lift my 2000 Disco II, but I'm not sure how far to go. I like to take it off road, but it is also my primary vehicle. Haw far would be good? Is 3" enough? Is 7" too much? I'd like to move to 18" wheels at some point, and don't want to have to lift again . . .

Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Disco II lift recomendations?

I would go with the Old Man Emu kit it will be about 2' lift without making your discovery look hella tall. The kit will contain springs and shocks and lift the discovery about 2" It would look good with 18" wheels. If your doing trail riding or want a heavy duty bumper Then go with the Heavy duty springs and shocks if You just want lift and plan on keeping your disco stock then the medium springs will do you just fine.

Disco12

1996 Discovery
2000 Discovery series 2

Old 04-16-2006, 01:30 PM
4wd High

I got the same year and type of land rover and have been wanting a lift to. What web site would I go to find this kit?

Old 04-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: Benhamtroll

Heya. I'd like to lift my 2000 Disco II, but I'm not sure how far to go. I like to take it off road, but it is also my primary vehicle. Haw far would be good? Is 3" enough? Is 7" too much? I'd like to move to 18" wheels at some point, and don't want to have to lift again . . .
OK, got a question, why do you want 18" wheels? Are you planning on doing and wheeling? 18"ers are the most expensive tires to buy, very small selection to choose from and wear out very quickly. If you are looking for a better ride, maybe a taller truck, stay with the 16's.
As for a lift, I am assuming you want to use your SLS still, if so, go the http://www.rovertym.com/ and read up on there 2" spacers for SLS units. I installed then and then set it for a total of 3"s total, works really well. 7"s in not a number to even think about. If you want, I can send you some pictures of mine to give you an idea of what the lift might look like on your truck.
Mike

Old 08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

ORIGINAL: Benhamtroll

OK, got a question, why do you want 18" wheels? Are you planning on doing and wheeling? 18"ers are the most expensive tires to buy, very small selection to choose from and wear out very quickly. If you are looking for a better ride, maybe a taller truck, stay with the 16's.
As for a lift, I am assuming you want to use your SLS still, if so, go the http://www.rovertym.com/ and read up on there 2" spacers for SLS units. I installed then and then set it for a total of 3"s total, works really well. 7"s in not a number to even think about. If you want, I can send you some pictures of mine to give you an idea of what the lift might look like on your truck.
Mike
could you send me some of those pics... i'm curious as to what it would look like as well, but i was thinking of getting some 20" wheels with toyo mt tires... my email is chevyon20s@houston.rr.com

Old 08-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Administrator

ent you some pictures, but why do you want to go to 20" wheels, they are terrible off the road and way to expensive.
Mike

Old 08-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Need2sell

I got the same year and type of land rover and have been wanting a lift to. What web site would I go to find this kit?
Have you done anything about a lift yet, if you want alot of info, PM me with your telephone number and I'll call you, Saturday evening or Sunday during the day.
Mike

Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Drifting

i went with old amn emu and love them not a bad ride and work well off road
I have 18 inch wheels and tires 285-60-18 toyo all terrain reallygood tires but want smallerwheels
i also have the stock size same tire willing to trade

Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
As for a lift, I am assuming you want to use your SLS still, if so, go the Welcome to Rovertym! and read up on there 2" spacers for SLS units. I installed then and then set it for a total of 3"s total, works really well.
Mike
Very interested in this - I want to get a more aggressive look from my Disco, but had no idea if or how you lifted the air springs. I like the idea of keeping the air springs... how did you get the 3" total lift, was that in how the sensor arms were set?

M.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Administrator

In the future, don't restart a 6 year old thread, start your own.
You can but a set of SLS lifts from RTE or Lucky 8 and along with their adjusters, lift the back of the truck to 3"s.