Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

1993 Range Rover Classic LWB

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Nope, that's why I had to poke it into your build thread and here. It's very subtly bi-polar. Did you notice the diff guards? I had to laugh, like where would you drive this high dollar Rover to damage a diff? I honestly had to look at the pictures several times to appreciate all that has been done or preserved. Would you buy it if the price was 10k?
for 10k absolutely!
i know how much it costs to replace an interior and the frame looks to be in really great shape.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:33 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I would too for $10k. I'd drive the wheels off and then start with the build.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I haven't started on the next step of the build on my 93 yet. I need to sell some cars to finance it!

my current thought is an LC9 - GM 6 speed to LT230.
this one has tried to go bipolar too. I found a rear 3rd row seat for it, which totally screws with my intention to fit the fridge back there. Now I'm thinking that I put the 3rd row in my Sable (dye the seat black) and make the Sable the "gentlemans express/Audi Allroad hunter" and keep the white Classic as the overlander.

sometimes it really pays to step back for a bit and think about what you want to accomplish with a build. Otherwise you end up with my D2!

Elusive RRC 3rd row seat modeled by my Quality Control Engineer.

Last edited by Robert Booth; 01-22-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Big news for this week is that I finally bit the bullet and did the cruise control ecu retrofit for my Classic. Finally reliable cruise control!

D2 Cruise Control ECU with adapter for AMR2009 pinout. (Will also work for a D1 (AMR1173)
Remaining work is to fix the heated seats and replace the rear upper tailgate frame.

Last edited by Robert Booth; 03-16-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle

When I started his build in September 2015, it was with the plan that our Au Pair would take the car off on a road trip when her time with us came to an end. Well, yesterday she left for a 4200 mile roadtrip of the West coast!

Before she left, I addressed some irksome issues with the car:
  1. fixed rear sticky door handle
  2. got the Rhino Rack custom fit to the car. Now the cross bars are aligned with the cars pillars. The rooftop tent doesn't rattle around up there now.
  3. added the second aux battery and fitted an IBS dual battery system.
  4. direct wired the aux battery to the ARB fridge.
  5. added a power Inverter.
  6. oil change and a wash for good luck!
The girls are on Instagram @x.Plorers_Diary

Modifying the Rhino Rack d110 Pioneer platform to better fit the LWB @Adventure.Ready in Seattle. The vehicle is 7' 2" tall in current configuration.
aux battery wiring and dual battery system relay. (The car carries a spare, just in case!)
A lot of hard work went into this build. Tom and Haans at Adventure Ready gave up a weekend exploring to finish the Rack.Jahn @ Rovin Rovers in Redmond, WA did the heavy lifting on the dual battery wiring and servicing the car prior to departure.
The LWB's pilots for the next 4 weeks. You can follow their adventures on Instagram at @x.Plorers_Diary
The first of many, many tanks of gas! The girls left Woodinville, WA heading for Astoria, OR at 4am this morning.

Last edited by Robert Booth; 07-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:43 AM
TReK
Received 417 Likes on 349 Posts

Robert, you are super generous to share that truck with those ladies. I wish them and Seņor Blanco all the best fortune on this adventure.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

I love this thread

Old 07-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Well the car is getting used for what it was built
for
When it comes back, I'm going to finish the restoration, car needs paint and straightening out some body panels, repair the drivers seat, fix both heated seats and replace the upper tailgate. I picked up a full set of britpart waterproof seat covers last year and those things have paid for themselves many times over!

The funniest thing is it of all the work to repair cruise control, cut down on rattles and squeaks etc, the girls are probably most excited about the line level input into the factory head unit.

They made it to Crescent City in Northern California yesterday.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:20 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Sounds like a cool journey, best of luck to them.

Brian.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle

It's been fairly uneventful mechanically so far at the mod point of their trip. The car threw a code 48 last week but they didn't notice any real changes in drivability. I had the girls change the stepper motor which didnt solve. (Check engine and code came back after a reset) They just got an oil change in SoCal as they'd already hit 2000 miles and the car was a half quart low. They're heading into the desert next, Las Vegas, then southern Utah for Moab, Arches, Bryce and Zion.

Quick Reply: 1993 Range Rover Classic LWB