My front passenger window jammed. It seems the little nylon wheels tend to break and then the whole regulator ( system of levers) needs replacing.
I have actually replaced the wheel with a new one made from "kneed it" an epoxy "stuff-essential for all long trips. (http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-Kn...l/default.aspx
). One useful trick was to make the centre hole that fits over the rivet, more of a slot at a slant. Then once in the rail add a bit more kneadit to fill the slot.
how to replace regulator (copied from http://en.allexperts.com/q/Land-Rove...-window.htm);-
To remove the door panel, you'll have to :
"1. Remove 2 screws securing hand rail to door.
2. Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door.
3. Remove escutcheon.
4. Remove 4 screws securing pocket to door.
5. Carefully release 10 clips securing trim casing to door.
These clips break easily, so you may have to replace them. Don't force them either or they'll rip out of the moulded panel they are set in.
"6. If fitted, disconnect multiplug from upper door speaker.
7. Disconnect multiplug from lower door speaker.
8. Remove trim casing from door.
1. Position trim casing to door and connect door speaker multiplug(s).
2. Secure trim casing to door with clips.
3. Fit escutcheon to door handle and secure with screw.
4. Fit hand rail to door and secure with screws.
5. Fit pocket to door and secure with screws."
Once the panel is off, you'll have to carefully remove the plastic moisture barrier.
Now you'll be able to see (somewhat) the glass and possibly the regulator rail on the bottom. There are small openings that allow you some room to manipulate the components.
Here's the next set of steps:
"1. Remove door trim casing. DONE.
2. Carefully release water shedder from door. DONE.
3. Lower glass and remove 2 bolts securing door glass to regulator. PERHAPS THESE BOLTS ARE LOOSE OR MISSING?
4. Raise glass and secure with a suitable wedge.
5. Disconnect multiplug from glass lift motor.
6. Front door: Remove 6 bolts securing glass regulator assembly to door.
7. Rear door: Remove 4 bolts securing glass regulator assembly to door.
8. Manoeuvre regulator through access hole at bottom of the door.
9. Remove 3 Torx screws securing glass lift motor to regulator and remove motor.
1. Clean mating faces of regulator and motor.
2. Fit glass lift motor to regulator and tighten 3 Torx screws to 5 Nm (3.7 lbf.ft).
3. Position regulator in door. Fit bolts securing regulator to door and tighten to 6 Nm (4.4lbf.ft).
4. Connect multiplug to glass lift motor.
5. Remove wedge holding glass and position glass to regulator.
6. Secure glass to regulator with bolts and tighten to 6 Nm (4.4 lbf.ft).
7. Fit water shedder to door.
8. Fit door trim casing."