General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Navi screen/audio console

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi screen/audio console

Hey guys,

I needed some help. my car was broken into and vandalised. My navi screen is cracked, the audio console is also damaged. The radio and CD works but the screen is blank. Also the 2 vents in the middle are broken. How much would it cost to replace all this and where could I go to find the parts for a good price. it is a 2008 range rover sport

Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Since you haven't gotten any responses to your questions yet, I'll venture a considered, but probably not very helpful, guesstimate.

How much will it cost to replace the broken parts? Probably more than most insurance deductibles. Probably a lot more. Less if you can do the work yourself and more if you can't.

Where can you get replacement parts at a reasonable price? Don't know.

If you have decent car or home owners insurance they should be able to answer these questions for you.
If your insurance can't help you, any Land Rover dealer will sell you the parts you need but at the highest and most outrageous prices. (There's a reason many call "Dealers" "Stealers".)
I'd consider replacing the broken stock equipment with after market stuff. Check out Car Toys etc. I'd imagine they'd be able to give you some decent advice and recommendations.
If you want to replace with stock equipment, I suggest you surf the web and check out junk yards.

Good Luck,

Thomas