New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Blower motor ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 04:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor ?

Hello all from Richmond VA. Had registered a while back but havn't had the need to post but get great information from you guys. Anyway, I got a problem I cant solve on my 2006 LR3 V8. I have not had any major issues with it other than leaky sunroof drain, minor suspension issues and such in about 8 years.

Anyway the blower motor went out in my LR3. No smoke, smell etc. Just went out while driving on a hot day. I checked the fuses and all looked good. I replaced the relay in the engine compartment - nothing. Took out the motor and I see that it will spin for a split second when I turn the blower speed controls on but then stops. I tested the link to it and Im getting similar response, the test light flashes then goes off. The lights on control panel work. I have removed the blower control module (resistor) but not sure where to go next. It was my understanding that if this was bad the blower would work while on high speed but it does not do this. It does not work at any speed. Why am i getting a flash of electricity to the motor when I turn it on but then it stops? Am i missing a fuse or resistor somewhere? ANy ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

H.Zakaria
2006 LR3 SE V8