New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:55 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Howdy

Ive been here for a while just havent posted anything.

I bought my 2000 D2 SE7 some time ago. Since then Ive fixed all of the normal issues that have come up. Three Amigos, wheel sensors, heater core replacement, seat issues, SRS, front axle was done, etc...

I have upgraded the headlamps to the facelift off a 2003. Was very simple and I actually did its much different then what I have seen in writeups. I installed the shifter for CDL and the rear bags have been replaced with coils by last owner. Ive made the sunroofs inop due to them being screwed up. I can fix them I just don't know if I actually want to. Ive done all my own work. So far everything has been rather simple. I don't know why people are afraid to buy a D2. Sure I've seen a number of them on CL that had overheated the engine and ruined it. I have only seen one transmission broken.

My plains are to install front and rear axles from an FZJ80. I used to own an FZJ80 and absolutely loved it. It did have electric lockers and those were awesome as they saved me several times in deeper snow and mud when offroad. Ive read a couple write ups where a D2 owner installed 80 axles under their D2 and said the swap was relatively straight forward for someone that can do their own mechanical work, fabs, and welding. Still deciding which springs to use but might just go with cruiser springs too. Wont go over 33's but I do take my rigs offroad. I think the cost and work are well worth the effort.

Anyway thats all for now.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Welcome! Lots of helpful people here, glad you could join us!