Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Howdy y'all.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:58 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy y'all.

Just popping in to mention that I am about 90% sure I am going to buy my wife an 02 Freelander SE this upcoming week. I am tooling around the internet trying to get the lowdown on the freelander. I myself am a Jeep person...

Lady Bird's Site (my jeep site)

My wife is very small and not real real sure of herself behind the wheel. She test drove an 05 Grand C. and it just felt too big for her. I refuse to purchase a damn tracker or honda anything... and then I found a used freelander. Looks nice.

What is the Land Rover owner opinion on the Freelander?
How well does the AWD system work?
Does anyone take theirs offroad - say mild 1 or 2 Diamond trails?
Has anyone modded theirs with say a budget boost lift (spacer lift) maybe a front grill guard, etc...
If you could change one thing about your freelander what would it be.

She currently owns an 01 Jetta GLS that I bought here last year when we married. The thing is just too low to the ground. She keeps driving up on curbs when she parks and those tire stops in the parking lot. I have had to have the bumper cap fixed three times from her dragging the front off of things. I am a meticulous vehicle owner - as you can tell with my Jeep and I hate things broke.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but any info / advice on this vehicle as well as purchasing this vehicle is much appreciated. Feel free to dog my Jeep since you are all LR guys here.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Howdy y'all.

I have a 2002 Freelander and it sucks. I wouldn't waste your money on getting one. Landrover north america have discontinued the model because they have had many, many, many problems. I got my rover brand new and of the 12 times that I've had it in the shop 11 of the times was for servicing. I'm glad that ALL the work is covered under warranty. I didn't have to pay a cent.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

i have only had one problem with mine, oil pan gasket needed replaced, it's in warranty, so free fix!

Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Rock Crawling

i don't know about some but were not gonna dog your jeep it looks cool I can't speak for the others but I ain't gonna dog your wheeler but we are hardcore rover people.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

is that the hill from mike's sig?