Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

Need 2004 Disco seat parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need 2004 Disco seat parts

Hi Everyone,
I am doing some work to my seats and I need to find a source for the "grab handles" that are on each side of the headrests on the 04 Disco. I am not sure where to look or if they are even available. We plan on adding new DVD headrests to the truck, but I want to make the install look clean. I have already removed the OEM handles and figure I would like to keep them unmodified if I ever want to return the seats to stock. If I can find a second set then I will trim them down to make them fit the new, wider head rests.

Oh..by the way. Thank you to everyone who posted about the U-Joints in the front drive shaft. I kept hearing clunks, got under and checked after reading about it here. Its the OEM single zerk fitting version and I could feel a very small but noticeable play in it. I have since taken the Disco off the road and I am awaiting my new greasable driveshaft to arrive.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 10-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Perhaps inquire with the dismantlers who roam this board and others.

Your sharp ears probably saved your transmission from death by shaft puncture.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I don't have the grab handles that are part of the seat and I doubt if any one will. You would have to dismantle the seat to get them off and a seller would be left with unusable seats. I think you may need to spring for a set of quality used seats. Unfortunately, I don't have anything on hand at the moment.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
I don't have the grab handles that are part of the seat and I doubt if any one will. You would have to dismantle the seat to get them off and a seller would be left with unusable seats. I think you may need to spring for a set of quality used seats. Unfortunately, I don't have anything on hand at the moment.

Hi Paul,
I figured it would be hard to come by a set. I have seen a tan set up for sale on Ebay, so maybe there will be some hope for the future. Its not an immediate need so just keep me in mind.

Thanks,

Mi9ke