General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out Running Some Criminals

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Out Running Some Criminals

I noticed some jerks driving around in our neighborhood in a utility van at about 1:00am. They stopped at random houses and some guy got out and did something, I couldn't tell what it was... I decided to follow them. They eventually stopped and waited for me to pass them. After I did, they gunned it and started following me. My heart thumped and I engaged the sport mode and started stepping on it. I hit red line several times and couldn't believe how well the old thing responded. Everything was smooth and my old RR actually put me back in my seat while accelerating. I eventually out ran the jacka$$es and reported them to the police. Idk what they were doing but I'm glad my RR pulled through . I'm sorry but for the year and mileage, it sure performs like it was much newer. Although this does not pertain to much, I figured I would share .

Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, what were you doing outside at 1:00am hmmmm?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Pro Wrench

Going to a secret LR meeting... DUH lol.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Rock Crawling

I didn't think it was possible to outrun anything in a Rover UNLESS it was off road

Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like no neighborhood is safe anymore. I always give moving vans trucks a second look. You never know if they are emptying/stealing all the goods in a house. Be cautious out there. The plates are the best make and model is good too. Let your cell do all the work and the police interceptor engine do all the chasin'. lol
Glad you are safe and lived to tell the story and that your Rover showed off raised a few eyebrows.
p.s. I remember when I test drove my RR, and when I went to punch it on the highway my head almost ended up in the back seat! Pleeeeenty of power!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not realize that Meridian was so sketchy, you should come up here to CDA.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Pro Wrench

Meridian really sucks... Its better than caldwell at least. I live in a country club which is a prime target for criminals. I've been harping the board and the home owners to have a higher level of security, of course they are too cheap to budge. There are gates but they don't do anything... And we get a ton of people snooping around. I HATE LOOKIELOUS!!!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY! Sorry.. ranting. I've noticed the amount of suspicious behavior has dramatically increased since we hit this recession. I repetitively see random cars at night doing weird things. I see them while I sit at my desk facing the road. I'm a night owl and stay up till 12 to 1am on average. I'm most active at night . This van (when i say "van" i mean like the size of a UPS delivery truck) was stopping at random houses as someone got out and did something. Of course my slow rangie out ran a giant van lol.... I was just surprised as to how well it responded when I gunned it, which I almost never do.

Last edited by LRScott; 07-02-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

good work citizen. Now here is your reward. More taxes to keep you safe.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Rock Crawling

Thats why we all need to be "packin' heat" to take care of ourselves.

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away..."

I look at guns the same as I do fire extinguishers. I have one on every level of my house, I don't ever plan on using it but if the situation arises where it is needed I hope to God that I have one nearby. Oh, and they both work best when fully loaded I'd rather carry a gun 10,000 times and never need it than to need it 1 time and not have hit. I love my wife, family and friends too much to not be prepared for any situation. Why do I carry a gun? Because cops are too heavy.

The police rarely make it in time to stop or prevent a violent crime from happening. Their job is more about investigating a crime AFTER it happens and trying to put the right person behind bars. Average police response time is 5 to 8 minutes (that is if somebody is there to witness who can call 911) Average violent encounter lasts less than 30 seconds. You do the math.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

Last edited by krazzz; 07-02-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Pro Wrench

good work citizen. Now here is your reward. More taxes to keep you safe.
Touche! lol

I didn't have a gun with me which was dumb... I also don't have a concealed weapons permit, I need to get one though. I keep putting it off.

Quick Reply: Out Running Some Criminals