General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip Meters and Information Center Buttons Unresponsive...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trip Meters and Information Center Buttons Unresponsive...

Before my engine failed on me, I was getting the "35mph Max" fault in the message center. I'm wondering if this would cause for my message center to only show me the odometer reading of my Range, or if there is something else at fault here. I can't get anything else to come up in the message center, whether it be my fuel range, or my trip meters. What could be causing this issue? Could it be the fault set by the EAS? My truck has been converted to coils by the PO, but it still has the air tank underneath I believe. It's been almost a month since I put my hands on the truck, but I'll be back out in Phoenix next Tuesday so I can give her a good going-through to iron out all my issues. Any ideas or suggestions for me?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the coil conversion was not done correctly, a fault will present itself. The system needs to be set to "manual". I forget the exact procedure but here is an article I found: http://www.tawpark4x4.com/instructions/eas_harness.htm The fault could possibly cause the information center to not respond.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Slow 35MPH MAX" Fault is a hard fault and it can only be removed with the EAS software, Faultmate, mechanic or stealership right?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine displays "slow to 35mph" and then disappears when the battery is low. Meaning it detects something, and the realizes it was false. You might be right about needing EAS software to clear the fault. However, that is the correct procedure for overriding the EAS system after a coil conversion. You need to do it first before you clear the faults. In the instructions, you are disconnecting the EAS ECU permanently, and temporarily disconnecting the battery. This usually clears all fault codes.