2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The “never had any issues with my Defender” Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

Absolutely love my Defender so far. No major issues at all. Sometimes it doesn't know I have the key fob but that reduced fob range is a security upgrade. And I easily fixed the squeaking rubber door and sunroof gaskets myself with some silicone grease.

Umberto already posted exactly how I feel about it compared to our beloved LR4: "Better engine, transmission, handling, braking, infotainment, comfort (for me and all passengers), ergonomics, capabilities off road and on.",

Old 10-28-2021, 08:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

OK, I'll play.

We're at almost exactly one year and about 9k miles, mostly road going with some beach/dunes/forest trails (exactly like we'd planned).

We had a flat tire early on which amazingly enough appeared to be a piece of our driveway gravel (I kid you not). But that's hardly the fault of the vehicle, just JLR's and our poor choice of tire.

We DO have a stained early-production seat from WATER, yes, WATER - good God.

That's it. There's occasionally some electrical funkiness and I can't seem to figure out some options, like permanently turning off the brake hold at stops (it seems to come back on by itself). I feel like updates scrub some of our preferences sometimes. But whatever, we've had no actual functional failure.

Very happy with it so far, especially on family road trips. Hope the love affair continues.

Old 10-28-2021, 08:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm 183 miles in so far.....No issues 😂

The following 2 users liked this post by Low Country:
Kev M (10-28-2021), TheMoke (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 10:01 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

2021 X-Dynamic HSE...7,500 miles...vehicle is awesome; really something special. My wife and I love it. It's driven 5 hour road trips, beach sand dunes, mountains of VT and ME. We had some early Pivi Pro moments that were resolved with a simply reset and have gone away with OTA updates. My only complaint is the windshield has 3 rock chips (one about the size of a quarter). This might just be the upright angle and highway driving. The one thing missing is wireless CarPlay. Other than that and truth be told, I wouldn't notice if some of the electronic features we have are working or not. I'm not really a technophile. The Meridian Surround and cooling seats are great though.

Now, I would expect a car with 7,500 miles to be 100% working and reliable. We'll see what the future holds but I remain cautiously optimistic. And sorry to those who've had some issues. Understanding how it would be frustrating with an expensive luxury car and how that frustration is only exacerbated by the current supply chain conditions.

Cheers to the adventures and road ahead.

Old 10-28-2021, 10:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

THANK YOU!!!! I was reading the "Extreme malfunction thread" yesterday haha as mine is set to arrive Monday thinking we needed this thread. Can't wait to read through it and thanks for starting it!

Old 10-28-2021, 10:25 AM
Mudding
Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice! That looks pretty much the same as my build. Which I heard today was loaded on ship to Baltimore

Old 10-28-2021, 11:09 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorofRocks
Nice! That looks pretty much the same as my build. Which I heard today was loaded on ship to Baltimore
Mine was built 10/5 so we're probably on the same ship. Do you know the name yet?

Old 10-28-2021, 02:25 PM
Mudding
Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

4,000 miles in, no issues. P300 110S.
​​​​​
​​Loving it; I don't need a Wrangler; if I did I would have bought a Wrangler. The mix of ruggedness, capability, and luxury without even having to try is perfect for my taste.

You couldnt pay me to be a Jeep person.

The following 2 users liked this post by ElVerde:
DoctorofRocks (10-29-2021), _Allegedly (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 08:02 PM
Mudding
Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

I have some minor design annoyances, but I don't have any reliability issues with my 2022 Defender. I am very happy indeed. I went with some friends to COTA last weekend and I must say, it's a great long distance car whether being a driver or passenger (back or front). My Telsa, Audi and Grand Cherokee friends were very impressed.

I have no concerns about reliability at all. This is the fourth JLR vehicle either my wife or I have owned in the last 9 years and the only real major issue we have had is with the older InControl Infotainment system (First gen F-Pace). I think the Pivi Pro in the Defender is very good.

Old 10-28-2021, 08:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

Another 110S ('22) here that's been fantastic -- about 4,000 miles so far. I have a minor issue of the maps option not showing on the dashboard. I've been having too much fun driving it to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. Maybe next month... or December... or ?

As a former '03 Discovery owner, I went into this eyes wide open that Land Rovers have "personality" (not always a good thing) so I don't mind if I have things to address over time. But so far, it's been GREAT!

RedAustinIX

Quick Reply: The “never had any issues with my Defender” Thread