Old 07-13-2022, 08:36 AM
Drifting
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

How do we get the Topix articles?

Old 07-13-2022, 09:31 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I go here https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/

I created an Independent Operator Login and then search for my VIN. You can see the titles of articles (I think they're Bulletins). If something looks relevant, I then have to pay to see the article. It costs money, but it has saved me quite a bit of time with the dealer service.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

23 p300 with offroad/air suspension pack
same issue and same update was done but just did it again. I am also noticing the gear is not going in right away for both D and R on the cold start. This is now very frustrating. Question, do you all have this happen while having both auto start/stop and auto hold function on?

Originally Posted by pllr
I got the car back. They did the Topix software update, and everything is working fine right now. But it was very intermittent for me. I think it will be a couple of weeks before I know it's completely fixed.

Just a note: At least with my dealer, it is very helpful to bring in the Topix article if there is one. Otherwise, they don't seem to do a lot of research on their own.

Old 07-30-2022, 08:56 AM
Overlanding
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

23 P300 Late Feb 2022 build date.

I have had it happen 27 times in the last six weeks. The only consistent factor is that the engine has turned off (Green “A”) at a traffic stop. It doesn’t make any difference if HOLD is on or off, nor if HOLD is invoked by selecting auto hold on, by double pulsing the brake pedal or if the car goes into HOLD itself.

On average it happens every sixteen traffic stops but has happened two times in a row on two days in a row, and it happens more frequently on wet days - six times on one wet day recently.

Getting it back into D can take up to three pulls on the selector. Even though I have depressed the brake and clicked the shifter button before selecting D two out of three times it gives the “how to select a gear” message on first pull and needs a second or third pull to go into D.

I ran a test series for three weeks with auto HOLD selected then three weeks with it turned off. The frequency of the N problem per Green A events was not statistically different either way but fuel economy was more than 1lt/100 better with auto HOLD turned on - 12.8lt/100 cf 13.9lt/100. This may be because engine shutdown is instantaneous the moment the car stops when auto HOLD is programmed and there are more frequent Green A’s invoked.

Last edited by Ross of Anakie; 07-30-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:26 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

23 P300 here. It happened to me with under 100 miles on the car. I typically disable this function as I have never liked it. Guess, it’ll need a dealer service. Thanks

Old 07-30-2022, 12:05 PM
Mudding
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

23 P300 110S. 2,100 miles since delivery in June. I have not had any of the problems discussed (knock on wood). I wonder if it happens to earlier MY23 builds? Mine was built on May 2, 2022. VIN ending P2124xxx.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear
Default 2023 Defenders shifting into park

Originally Posted by Ross of Anakie
23 P300 Late Feb 2022 build date.

I have had it happen 27 times in the last six weeks. The only consistent factor is that the engine has turned off (Green “A”) at a traffic stop. It doesn’t make any difference if HOLD is on or off, nor if HOLD is invoked by selecting auto hold on, by double pulsing the brake pedal or if the car goes into HOLD itself.

On average it happens every sixteen traffic stops but has happened two times in a row on two days in a row, and it happens more frequently on wet days - six times on one wet day recently.

Getting it back into D can take up to three pulls on the selector. Even though I have depressed the brake and clicked the shifter button before selecting D two out of three times it gives the “how to select a gear” message on first pull and needs a second or third pull to go into D.

I ran a test series for three weeks with auto HOLD selected then three weeks with it turned off. The frequency of the N problem per Green A events was not statistically different either way but fuel economy was more than 1lt/100 better with auto HOLD turned on - 12.8lt/100 cf 13.9lt/100. This may be because engine shutdown is instantaneous the moment the car stops when auto HOLD is programmed and there are more frequent Green A’s invoked.
I have two 2023 defenders (one 90, one 110) and it's occurred in both. It's happened 3 times in the 90 and once in the 110. Both are the 4 cylinder engine, both have air suspension. It was odd how my wife and I got talking about it.... It occurred with me all three times in traffic on i95 (stop and go). The nice drivers behind me in NY were not very understanding and it took several tries to get it into D. My wife had it happen at a traffic light and same thing - several tries. We called our dealer in Florida and they said they've not heard anything about it and called Land Rover who said they have never heard of this. We then took to a dealer in Connecticut who said they couldn't find any faults and there was nothing going on. I thought I was crazy and must have been user error until I found this thread. They updated my software and are returning tomorrow so I'll see what happens.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:13 AM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i posted here about a month ago, and in that time, had an update applied citing the topix article. so far, so good. recommend bringing it up to the dealer if you have this issue.

The following users liked this post:
Slosh64 (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 08:19 AM
Overlanding
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for adding your experience Slosh64 - you are in good company. This is the first time I have seen it reported on a 90 which is helpful to know.

This is a real problem with safety implications, so it is not insignificant. I have submitted a detailed report on my car to the dealer yesterday (See #21 below) and requested it be sent to LR and asked for a response from LR. I am in Australia.

Do you know what the update they are doing is?The TOPIx mentioned above is not specific to the 23MY P300, which seems to be only model with the problem, and describes a symptom (can’t get it back into D without first selecting P or R first) which none of the prior twelve contributors have reported. My car certainly doesn’t require P or R first, and another who had that upgrade said it didn’t work. So we are all interested to hear what they do for yours and if it works.

Please update as soon as you have more information.

Last edited by Ross of Anakie; 08-02-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:31 AM
3rd Gear

I'll. let you know. I didn't have the pdf posted in this thread so I'll download and send to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 110 shifts to neutral in autostart