Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Major malfunctions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 08:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2022 Major malfunctions

Hi, curious what issues others are facing with poor build quality or malfunctions. We bought a 22 110 SE, it’s been sitting at the dealer going on 3 weeks due to the rear air shock/casing failing and coming into the rear cargo area.

No rental car offered even after we pressed, the earliest available would be mid-November to early December. When we pressed LR corporate they said they could "possibly" reimburse $45/day but would need to be taken into consideration and not guaranteed.

We are about done with it. Next up is a lemon law lawyer but wondering if others have had issues and were able to be satisfied and move on to enjoy the vehicle. We did enjoy it - for 2900 miles and 2.5 months until it failed.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

2020 Defender HSE 110. Tons of gremlins. Still have the A pillar rattle After 5 attempts. FINALLY got the keyfob touch door access not working fixed. Got the auto high beam not staying on - Fixed. Got a new wireless charger FIXED. Twice it died while driving - FIXED. it was probably one fo the first to die several times, prior to the public TSB going out.

Overall, still love it, got to put 5000 miles on there disocvery loaner. Liked it so much bought a different discovery 5 Td6 HSE LUX - and love it. IT has to go in for sunroof creak and rattle ( known tsb). Voice activation button not working ( appears to have TSB) Gas filler door does not work right/ Check engine light on - likely PCV torn - TSB known

Crazy, but still love them

Old 10-25-2021, 11:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by anastasios11
2020 Defender HSE 110. Tons of gremlins. Still have the A pillar rattle After 5 attempts. FINALLY got the keyfob touch door access not working fixed. Got the auto high beam not staying on - Fixed. Got a new wireless charger FIXED. Twice it died while driving - FIXED. it was probably one fo the first to die several times, prior to the public TSB going out.

Overall, still love it, got to put 5000 miles on there disocvery loaner. Liked it so much bought a different discovery 5 Td6 HSE LUX - and love it. IT has to go in for sunroof creak and rattle ( known tsb). Voice activation button not working ( appears to have TSB) Gas filler door does not work right/ Check engine light on - likely PCV torn - TSB known

Crazy, but still love them
Can you please share more information regarding this TSB?

IT has to go in for sunroof creak and rattle ( known tsb).

My 2022 110 has been amazing but I do think I’m starting to get a noisy sunroof.

Anyway, I’ve had plenty of Land Rovers and all these little things are just what they are.

They’re still amazing vehicles.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by gdyear78
Hi, curious what issues others are facing with poor build quality or malfunctions. We bought a 22 110 SE, it’s been sitting at the dealer going on 3 weeks due to the rear air shock/casing failing and coming into the rear cargo area.

No rental car offered even after we pressed, the earliest available would be mid-November to early December. When we pressed LR corporate they said they could "possibly" reimburse $45/day but would need to be taken into consideration and not guaranteed.

We are about done with it. Next up is a lemon law lawyer but wondering if others have had issues and were able to be satisfied and move on to enjoy the vehicle. We did enjoy it - for 2900 miles and 2.5 months until it failed.
Can absolutely understand the frustration but you do know there’s a major car parts shortage would wide for everything across all brands. I’m sure if this wasn’t a factor your car would have been fixed quickly.

Old 10-26-2021, 06:25 AM
Mudding
Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Aside from the key fob detection issue that is just a minor annoyance for me, the only issue I've seen with my 22 (so far) is the passenger wiper is parking too low and making contact with the painted area under the windshield. I'm getting that sorted out later this week. Glad I spotted it early so it shouldn't require any repainting.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:38 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

My 2022 110 S has a rattle in the driver side left and below steering wheel. Not sure what it is, but I'm not too concerned about it. Just turn up the volume LOL.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,306 Likes on 951 Posts

My 2022 110 SE failed on Saturday. Stranded us on the side of the highway after a complete electrical failure. Scary stuff sitting on the fast lane shoulder of a 70mph freeway in the torrential rain with the wife and kids in the back.

1300 miles and 3 weeks of driving in a new car and this happens. SMH

Got AAA tow to the dealership and there she sits. No idea for how long. I'm not hopeful. They don't seem too rushed to get me any information on this failure of a brand spanking new car. Decidedly unimpressed but what you gonna do?

I guess this is the joy of Land Rover ownership I'd heard so much about. Didn't expect this. I miss my never-fail 8 yr old Acura I tell you hwut.

Last edited by GavinC; 10-26-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:12 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

I have a creaking beneath my seat -- but I am thinking that maybe my rock slider needs tightening -- or maybe not? I will get around to looking at it. For now, I note the noise and listen for it to worsen or change in tone -- nothing yet.

I did get the front window crack fixed -- which is the only repair needed to date on my 2020 110S P300. That was really stress-free (except for writing the check of course).

And of course, I have not bothered to be disappointed by knowing that no parts are available to repair my trail rashes. I will self-repair those when I have time.

I remain in a state of learned non-surprise -- I just got received in the mail recalls on the same day for my 2011 and 2013 LR4s, respectively. The exit flange from the gas tank is apparently leaking on certain vehicles. The recall also affects all RR Sports from the same timeframe.

JLR wrote in the recall letter they could not / did not obtain repair parts, so before they will accept anyone putting the truck in the shop for the fix, they will first send ANOTHER letter to all saying they have parts available.

I still remain entirely enthralled by the Defender's off-road system, its driveline, and its traction finding capability. All else is secondary.

Enjoy the adventure !

Old 10-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
My 2022 110 SE failed on Saturday. Stranded us on the side of the highway after a complete electrical failure. Scary stuff sitting on the fast lane shoulder of a 70mph freeway in the torrential rain with the wife and kids in the back.

1300 miles and 3 weeks of driving in a new car and this happens. SMH

Got AAA tow to the dealership and there she sits. No idea for how long. I'm not hopeful. They don't seem too rushed to get me any information on this failure of a band spanking new car. Decidedly unimpressed but what you gonna do?

I guess this is the joy of Land Rover ownership I'd heard so much about. Didn't expect this. I miss my never-fail 8 yr old Acura I tell you hwut.
Very unhappy to hear of a total electrical shutdown ,,, sorry about that -- particularly unpleasant with the family present.

the good news is that when it gets into the repair bay and connected to the computer, the failure mode should be readily determinable (hopefully) -- so the repair part search may begin.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:28 AM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got my 21 Def90 back from service.
They replaced the supercharger (said that was on recall although I couldn't find that on NHTSA), as well as Seat Belt Automatic Locking Retractor Malfunction (NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V668000) and Deformed Front Seat Track Bracket (NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V499000).
Did not fix the auto start/stop feature - funny that the service advisor said that there are like 7 conditions that need to be met before that works (engine up to temp, aircon must be off and several other reasons). I called his BS on that, but still not fixed.

Quick Reply: 2022 Major malfunctions