2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC activation near Seattle Washington?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 05:56 PM
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACC activation near Seattle Washington?

Hi guys, I got a 2021 Defender 90 first edition and I'm in Vancouver Canada, really looking to get the ACC function activated for my vehicle but nobody here locally is able to do that.
Does anyone on the forum know somewhere in Washington state or closeby that offers this service?

Old 02-03-2023, 06:08 PM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

What you are looking for is CCF coding. Dealers can not or will not do it. You can purchase a GAP tool and code it yourself or there are a few sources on this forum that will CCF code just about all options but at a price. Im sure they will chime in shortly.

Review this thread

Last edited by SilverSFR; 02-03-2023 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:16 PM
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much for pointing the way! so the IID GAP TOOL is the tool i am looking for to activate these functions? do you have any experience with them to know if they are easy to work with?

Old 02-03-2023, 11:38 PM
Mudding
Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by zsliu
Hi guys, I got a 2021 Defender 90 first edition and I'm in Vancouver Canada, really looking to get the ACC function activated for my vehicle but nobody here locally is able to do that.
Does anyone on the forum know somewhere in Washington state or closeby that offers this service?
Help a newbie out--what does "ACC function activated" mean?

Old 02-04-2023, 12:00 AM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

ACC. Active cruse control. And hacking your cars computer via CCF long or short coding to turn on functions that if your car has the hardware installed for but not turned on from the factory. Ie most of the options you choose when you build your defender. The hardware is installed but just not turned on so to speak.

The following 2 users liked this post by SilverSFR:
ficklma1 (02-06-2023), Husky44 (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 03:48 AM
Overlanding
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
What you are looking for is CCF coding. Dealers can not or will not do it. You can purchase a GAP tool and code it yourself or there are a few sources on this forum that will CCF code just about all options but at a price. Im sure they will chime in shortly.

Review this thread
Have you any experience of the GAP tool. I’ve activated several functions listed on that link myself but am still trying to work out a few on them such as ACC.

Currently I have activated the hot spot, 007 screen, configurable dynamic mode, advanced tow assist, four microphones for calls, walk away walking.

Along with a few other defender owners, I am trying to figure out some of the other activations.

Old 02-04-2023, 09:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tooth_dr
Have you any experience of the GAP tool. I’ve activated several functions listed on that link myself but am still trying to work out a few on them such as ACC.

Currently I have activated the hot spot, 007 screen, configurable dynamic mode, advanced tow assist, four microphones for calls, walk away walking.

Along with a few other defender owners, I am trying to figure out some of the other activations.

could you describe the process by which you've done activations? what equipment? how much programing knowledge is needed?

Old 02-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

The IID Tool is still in beta testing at the moment so not all activations are available yet! However if you bought a tool and got in touch with Patrick at GAP Diagnostics he will add you to the beta test, although it may be better to ask first if they are still allowing people to join the beta. As things are worked out more activations will become available, the IID tool has been available for some time and I've used it on my Disco 4's, FF Range Rovers etc, for newer cars they changed the way the system works which is why the tool is still in beta for the Defender. The tool basically plugs into your OBDII port and you control it through either your phone of tablet, as well as activations it also functions as a fully fledged code reader and you can read real time data from the car.

This is a quick video I did for activating the James Bond screen, (it's done in real time so no speeding the video up)

The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Hairy:
MattF (02-06-2023), tooth_dr (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 04:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

I've been looking at the GAP tool for a while. I think it's something I'd enjoy tinkering with. Might be useful if I can figure it out.

Adaptive cruise control, global window close are two features that might make it worthwhile. I doubt I'd ever use the dynamic mode. Proximity locking would be good too. All minor stuff really.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
I've been looking at the GAP tool for a while. I think it's something I'd enjoy tinkering with. Might be useful if I can figure it out.

Adaptive cruise control, global window close are two features that might make it worthwhile. I doubt I'd ever use the dynamic mode. Proximity locking would be good too. All minor stuff really.
Same here. ACC is really the only thing I’d want that I didn’t order. Sure not going to pay someone $1k to program just that. Especially when I can buy the tool for a few hundred dollars and then also have a code scanner to use. On another note, what does dynamic mode actually do?

Quick Reply: ACC activation near Seattle Washington?