Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC activation near Seattle Washington?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 08:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdirt Cowboy
Same here. ACC is really the only thing I’d want that I didn’t order. Sure not going to pay someone $1k to program just that. Especially when I can buy the tool for a few hundred dollars and then also have a code scanner to use. On another note, what does dynamic mode actually do?
Agreed. The tool will have use outside of the additional features.

I think with the V8 it does some electronic jiggery-pokery to stiffen up the suspension and stuff like that. No idea what if anything it would do for my P400. I suspect that whatever it does do, or doesn't, on any trim, I'm nowhere near refined enough to notice. I'm more tractor driver than test-driver.

A camping mode to shut off all the high draw electronics on demand would be useful

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
ficklma1 (02-06-2023), GrouseK9 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 12:00 PM
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tooth_dr
Have you any experience of the GAP tool. I’ve activated several functions listed on that link myself but am still trying to work out a few on them such as ACC.

Currently I have activated the hot spot, 007 screen, configurable dynamic mode, advanced tow assist, four microphones for calls, walk away walking.

Along with a few other defender owners, I am trying to figure out some of the other activations.

Were you able to achieve these mods with the GAP tool from IIDTOOL?

The following users liked this post:
tooth_dr (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 12:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zsliu
Were you able to achieve these mods with the GAP tool from IIDTOOL?
Yes I activated these using the GAP tool

ficklma1 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 12:18 PM
6th Gear

Yes I activated these using the GAP tool
That's awesome! I'll definitely give that tool a try. Was it fairly simple to get the CCF edited using their software? Is the interface very user-friendly to non-mechanic people?

Old 02-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

That's awesome! I'll definitely give that tool a try. Was it fairly simple to get the CCF edited using their software? Is the interface very user-friendly to non-mechanic people?
It definitely seems to be straightforward to change the files but it’s still trial and error. I’m happy to share my findings and what others have unlocked too. It still requires more input from users, for example, ACC still hasn’t been worked out.

For example below is a screenshot of the mobile application. You pick what option and then change the parameters. It either works or it doesn’t or it throws up a fault. Reset back to default setting and the fault resets. Then try a different setting or combination of settings.

The following 2 users liked this post by tooth_dr:
ficklma1 (02-06-2023), zsliu (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 01:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

If you have a look at the video I posted yesterday on this thread it shows the app interface and how easy it is to change a setting

The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Hairy:
ficklma1 (02-16-2023), tooth_dr (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 02:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdirt Cowboy
Same here. ACC is really the only thing I’d want that I didn’t order. Sure not going to pay someone $1k to program just that. Especially when I can buy the tool for a few hundred dollars and then also have a code scanner to use. On another note, what does dynamic mode actually do?
Not trying to jinx anything, but I would not have the guts to mess with something like ACC if my car did not have from factory. IMO a failure of this "aftermarket mod" would almost be catastrophic.

Old 02-06-2023, 03:54 PM
6th Gear

It definitely seems to be straightforward to change the files but it’s still trial and error. I’m happy to share my findings and what others have unlocked too. It still requires more input from users, for example, ACC still hasn’t been worked out.

For example below is a screenshot of the mobile application. You pick what option and then change the parameters. It either works or it doesn’t or it throws up a fault. Reset back to default setting and the fault resets. Then try a different setting or combination of settings.

Along with the video @Dan Hairy 's video (thanks Dan) it definitely looked fairly simple. Order placed, will share my finding on this thread if I can figure out ACC

tooth_dr (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 03:59 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
If you have a look at the video I posted yesterday on this thread it shows the app interface and how easy it is to change a setting
Your video was super useful! I have just placed the order and hopefully I am able to get the ACC to be activated. Ill share my findings once i do

tooth_dr (02-06-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Winching
Received 165 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a v8 and only looking for the removal of active noise canceling. i have an aftermarket audio system and the ANC is channeling through my heavily powered subs.

is this basically the same services shops offer for activations?

Originally Posted by Dan Hairy
The IID Tool is still in beta testing at the moment so not all activations are available yet! However if you bought a tool and got in touch with Patrick at GAP Diagnostics he will add you to the beta test, although it may be better to ask first if they are still allowing people to join the beta. As things are worked out more activations will become available, the IID tool has been available for some time and I've used it on my Disco 4's, FF Range Rovers etc, for newer cars they changed the way the system works which is why the tool is still in beta for the Defender. The tool basically plugs into your OBDII port and you control it through either your phone of tablet, as well as activations it also functions as a fully fledged code reader and you can read real time data from the car.

This is a quick video I did for activating the James Bond screen, (it's done in real time so no speeding the video up)

https://youtu.be/p1AbAx162Ak

Quick Reply: ACC activation near Seattle Washington?