Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Cruise Control Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 02:46 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise Control Help

I have started to use the Adaptive Cruise Control on my 2021 Defender 110. I use the SET + silver metal switch thing to set it. However when i try to accelerate, it won’t let me. Will this have something to do with the Limit button that lights up green.

Thanks for any help given

The following users liked this post:
Chief65 (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 03:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

I just took delivery a couple of weeks ago so I'm by no means an expert with mine yet, still trying to figure it out, but so far it seems if there's a vehicle 'in range' ahead of you I don't think it will allow you to accelerate. It will just accelerate until it reaches the amount of distance you've chosen to maintain (with the blue bars) and then I think the limiter light turns on, if that speed is below the speed you have set then it won't allow speeding up until you get clear sailing, i.e. either the vehicle ahead switches lanes or you do. I mean you can keep pushing up on the metal switch to add more to the 'set' speed but until you switch lanes to get away from whatever vehicle is slow moving it wont matter.

The switching lanes part is where is gets wonky I think because for a while there it still 'sees' a vehicle and won't allow you to speed up. Like a very common occurrence I find is when someone ahead of me is slow moving and I wait for an opportunity to move into the passing lane but it also sees a vehicle in the passing lane and then you have this lag until there's sufficient distance from the other vehicle that just past you before it accelerates.

So far I'm glad I optioned it in for the times when it does work quite well like thruway driving but there are other times that it gets in the way a bit. Maybe with more time I'll have the nuances worked out.

Last edited by Chief65; 07-10-2021 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:14 PM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Make sure Adaptive Speed Limiter in Settings > Vehicle > Driver Assistance > Cruise and Speed Assistance is turned off.

The following 2 users liked this post by umbertob:
Chief65 (07-10-2021), GrouseK9 (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 04:01 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief65
I just took delivery a couple of weeks ago so I'm by no means an expert with mine yet, still trying to figure it out, but so far it seems if there's a vehicle 'in range' ahead of you I don't think it will allow you to accelerate. It will just accelerate until it reaches the amount of distance you've chosen to maintain (with the blue bars) and then I think the limiter light turns on, if that speed is below the speed you have set then it won't allow speeding up until you get clear sailing, i.e. either the vehicle ahead switches lanes or you do. I mean you can keep pushing up on the metal switch to add more to the 'set' speed but until you switch lanes to get away from whatever vehicle is slow moving it wont matter.

The switching lanes part is where is gets wonky I think because for a while there it still 'sees' a vehicle and won't allow you to speed up. Like a very common occurrence I find is when someone ahead of me is slow moving and I wait for an opportunity to move into the passing lane but it also sees a vehicle in the passing lane and then you have this lag until there's sufficient distance from the other vehicle that just past you before it accelerates.

So far I'm glad I optioned it in for the times when it does work quite well like thruway driving but there are other times that it gets in the way a bit. Maybe with more time I'll have the nuances worked out.

Thanks for that i’ll have to give it another try when there are no cars around.

The following users liked this post:
Chief65 (07-10-2021)