Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive cruise not very good

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 09:55 AM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Adaptive cruise not very good

Anyone else’s adaptive cruise not very good?

1. Always making micro adjustments to speed that makes you shift forward and backward subtley

2. Takes a little too long to start from a stop when the car in front starts moving

3. Doesn’t slow down sufficiently when traffic stops ahead and you’re going fast, so emergency braking alert comes on.

I bought this car for road trips but the ACC’s lack of smoothness and smarts ruins it for this use case. Hoping for a SW update to improve this but I’m assuming since this car has been out 4 years already it’s not coming . . .

Last edited by Racer20; 01-27-2024 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:50 AM
Mudding
Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine behaves the same way. It's rubbish.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not a huge fan either. I think it's "OK". Certainly not great and could be improved.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:14 AM
Mudding
Received 84 Likes on 49 Posts

I live in a hilly and windy area of highways and it’s not good on that, but once I leave and get more into open and straightish highways with sweeping long turns I’ve found it to be good.

elevation changes and sharper turns it definitely struggles with.

OP, what kind of roads are you on using ACC?

Old 01-27-2024, 04:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

I think it's terrific on the highway but average at best in town. To be fair, it's the only car with ACC I have ever driven.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:09 PM
4wd Low
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeTexan
I live in a hilly and windy area of highways and it’s not good on that, but once I leave and get more into open and straightish highways with sweeping long turns I’ve found it to be good.

elevation changes and sharper turns it definitely struggles with.

OP, what kind of roads are you on using ACC?
Highways, sometimes in traffic jams, sometimes with clear road. Even when it should have no issue holding a constant speed, I can feel micro adjustments. Like it tries to maintain the speed and distance too precisely instead of letting is fluctuate slightly with traffic and elevation. It should to prioritize smoothness over being super precise. BMW, Audi, and Tesla all have had basic adaptive cruise figured out for years, pretty disappointed with this. It’s pretty fatiguing to drive for long distances, to the point where I would not buy another one unless they significantly improve it.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:28 AM
4wd Low
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer20
Anyone else’s adaptive cruise not very good?

1. Always making micro adjustments to speed that makes you shift forward and backward subtley

2. Takes a little too long to start from a stop when the car in front starts moving

3. Doesn’t slow down sufficiently when traffic stops ahead and you’re going fast, so emergency braking alert comes on.

I bought this car for road trips but the ACC’s lack of smoothness and smarts ruins it for this use case. Hoping for a SW update to improve this but I’m assuming since this car has been out 4 years already it’s not coming . . .
With regards to 1. I did find the same, and now, when using ACC, I always switch to ECO drive mode. This softens the throttle response and makes for a smoother drive.
2. I drive in LA traffic and use the ACC every day, but I have adopted a style where, if coming to a stop, I apply the brake, restart manually with throttle, and then re-engage once moving. It's not Ideal, but it works well for me.
3. yep! Get that. It's not the best. :-)

The following users liked this post:
paule (01-30-2024)