Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 01:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,394 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
I do not see any evidence of the ability to change out electro-mechanical or rubber hardware. There is no mention of the "off-road" pack, nor its hardware -- the e diff, the rear outlet, nor the off-road tires.
I have it on good authority that the tires can be changed to MTs after delivery.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

yep. Authorized JLR dealers can install the Good year Duratrac's upon delivery.

Otherwise .....

www.JLR-retrofits.co.uk

This group, with a phone code in Kazakhstan and no other contact information nor useful photos, purports to be able to pirate the software out of the Defender's computer or elsewhere for several hundred pounds per application.

If anyone pays them and receives what is expected -- that will be interesting.

In any case, they are not able nor claiming to provide tires, electrical outlets and rear e diffs.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:48 PM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

. Ok. Here are pictures of adding the Advanced off road pack, All Terrain Progress Control, Terrain response 2, and configurable Terrain response. Yes I PayPal them upfront and they hooked up my truck which didn't have any of that stuff.

Of course JLR-Retrofits isn't advertisimg the electronic differential being added,, as that isn't a package they offer because you have to buy the ediff 1500 bucks, axle half shaft used 120.00 and chassis harness 120 bucks then get them installed then have jlr retrofits turn on the electronic differential. And yes I did all of that.

Since you rocket scientists are all going to chime in and say "why didn't you just order the package thru Land Rover so much cheaper? Or most will say "I'm so glad I ordered that upfront so I didn't have to go through all of that retrofitting"

Back in fall 2020 land Rover Sent dealerships a letter saying covid19 caused production delays and that ordered vehicles were showing up stripped with no options due to supply constraints.. I ordered a fully outfitted p300 with the electronic differential. Well my truck showed up with none of the options I ordered except the electronic differential. The same dealership had a p400 hse with every single option except the electronic differential so I chose that one but regretted not getting the ediff.

I alone came up with the option of adding the ediff to trucks without it, i did countless research on the parts needed and discussed with jlr engineers on Facebook. Oh by the way JLR-Retrofits has done major upgrades on a handful of trucks in Southern California. It's all over the new defender Facebook group. If you can't believe some scammer out of khazakstan lol phone number go to JLR-Retrofits Instagram page link on website it shows the upgrades with videos. Also Simon of Powerfuluk highly recommended JLR-Retrofits and used them on his truck as well. Simon responds to emails go ahead and ask him. Unless Simon is a scammer too...bwahahaha!

Jlr retrofits came up with software patch for ediff as well for my truck.

So yeah If you got big enough ***** and wallets anything can be done and the additional money was worth it to me after the fact as I'm sure I will be attacked for wasting money which I can easily afford to waste and enjoy my ediff now. Bwahahaha!

Cheers!

Last edited by Mark1107; 04-22-2021 at 09:22 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Mark1107:
Ahparke (04-22-2021), GrouseK9 (06-30-2021), johnsonmc2000 (08-01-2021), TheMoke (04-22-2021), TrioLRowner (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 07:56 PM
Mudding

I also added the wifi Hotspot for free and I'm ordering the parts to add the perimeter alarm with motion sensors all thru JLR-Retrofits and the tow bar package and software.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:03 PM
Mudding

For the record it's so much easier to add the ediff upfront but if you were in my shoes I made my choices but paid extra and still got what I wanted. Oh yeah I love Range Rovers, I had 3 now 2 fullsize brand L405s plus the defender including an SVO and a Viper.

Last edited by Mark1107; 04-23-2021 at 12:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mark1107:
johnsonmc2000 (08-01-2021), TrioLRowner (04-22-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 09:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

It's good to see the rear ediff can be retrofitted (agree that with enough money and will anything can be retrofitted).

When I ordered, I did not give it much thought and did not order the off road pack even though I do plan to go offroading with it (though not expecting to do anything radical). I was trying to keep it "low" budget and figured the car has plenty of capability w/o it. While I still don't think I'll really need it (and have watched several videos of base P300 doing things off road I don't think I would ever do, to reassure myself that I don't need it), if I had to do it all over again I would order the off road pack as you are doing, but the advanced off road pack, probably not.

Good luck with your order!

Last edited by Juancl; 04-22-2021 at 09:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mark1107 (04-22-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 304 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark1107
So yeah If you got big enough ***** < snip > anything can be done
.............................................. !! .................................................. .

Wow, what time are you expecting the recruiting call from Seal Team 6?!?

Old 04-23-2021, 11:16 AM
Mudding

As soon as I keep cracking jokes on betamales who are intimidated by trailblazers, sure. Cheers napoleon!

Originally Posted by Kev M
.............................................. !! .................................................. .

Wow, what time are you expecting the recruiting call from Seal Team 6?!?

Old 06-30-2021, 01:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

@Mark1107 - THANKS!!! This is so similar to what happened to me. Some D-head switched my order when it shifted from 21 to 22 and I lost the eDiff.

The week before the complete Pandemic shutdown in March of 2020, I was having terrible toothaches. I scheduled my Dentist on a Thursday and she said, can't tell what's up. On Friday I said, something has to be done. She sent me to an Endontologist(?). I show up on a Friday afternoon. It looked like a MASH unit getting ready to evacuate. EVERYONE was talking about school shutdowns. The Dr. barely looked at me and said: I can redo the root canal that was done years ago, but I can't fit it in for another 2+ weeks. Or, I can pull it. I said pull it. I was in and out of that office in <20 minutes. Consult, novocain, pliers, bill. I think they locked the door as soon as it closed behind me. The next Tuesday the local schools shut down and immediately so did my company & the rest of town. Off to Remote work and bunkering for weeks. That was the worst part of the pandemic, that initial fear.

Similarly, when I had my P400 show up without the ClearSight Rearview and the e-Diff, I was like - "Good enough for now". No fundamental regrets. But I would REALLY like to get that e-diff installed. You really made my day and I'll be seriously looking into this. I have been planning a winch/brush guard (backordered) or lift/caliper swap/18"/tires (backordered). Now, I think this just pulled up to the front of the mod list. I may be pinging you for more intel. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2021, 12:14 AM
Mudding

Grousek9,

the ediff is the same as the sport and l405 and there are a couple on eBay for less than 900 bucks. The differential control module at least in USA spec cars has to be brand new and is around 6-700 bucks. The install was 1400 but my engineer tech was figuring this out on his own with no help from JLR. A kind JLR engineer on Facebook helped me with harness connectors, but I bought a used differential module that had the correct connectors attached. I went brand new at 1700 Pounds sterling without a core charge for the differential . So all in 4-5k but with what I know, and LR-Retrofits charging 3-400 pounds for very specific programming, it can be done for under 3k, since wiring the module and tapping the bcm has now been trailblazed by yours truly. Included below is a pic of my window monrooney sticker showing my car didn’t come with it and the after pictures showing the locking differential. 1 last thing there is a special change to the differential bolting up to the drive shaft and you need the locking differential drivers side axle half shaft which I bought used for 200 bucks. Good luck 🍀 and keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack