Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 05:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2020Defender1stEdition
Are you in the US? If so, those may not work. They don't have provisions for the side marker lights we have to have here. At least they don't show them or say anything about them on that site.
You are right, and noticed it late last night. Cancelled it, and ordered from here;

"Land Rover Defender 2020 (110 model) Extended Wheel Arch Set - USA Spec - Genuine" https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...c-genuine.html

He also has a very good YouTube channel too, lots of Defender tutorials. I'll update when they arrive and dealership price on install.

The following 2 users liked this post by USMC_Denver:
BBS (01-30-2021), prab (01-04-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 05:48 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_Denver
You are right, and noticed it late last night. Cancelled it, and ordered from here;

"Land Rover Defender 2020 (110 model) Extended Wheel Arch Set - USA Spec - Genuine" https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...c-genuine.html

He also has a very good YouTube channel too, lots of Defender tutorials. I'll update when they arrive and dealership price on install.
Yup, those are correct. I see they are on backorder too. No telling when they will be back in stock due to Covid and work shortage. I'm glad ours came on the car. But honestly, ours weren't put on right at first. I made the dealer order a new set and reinstall correctly. Much better now.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Three Wheeling

Yup, those are correct. I see they are on backorder too. No telling when they will be back in stock due to Covid and work shortage. I'm glad ours came on the car. But honestly, ours weren't put on right at first. I made the dealer order a new set and reinstall correctly. Much better now.
I wish ours did. But we had a very unfortunate and also lucky set of circumstances to get our Defender. A couple bought it, he died. Literally the next day. The dealership let the widow return it, had 37 miles on it. We just by chance drove by an hour later. Bought it that afternoon. Almost the exact spec we built on the website the night before. Our dealership is having a hard time getting anything.

Below is the side steps we bought from Amazon. Haven't unpacked them, taking them to install Tuesday. Hopefully it goes well.
​​​​​​

Old 01-03-2021, 05:52 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, definitely let us know how the install goes. I have eyed these too, since they come in all black. And they are also $600 cheaper.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:48 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious to see how far out they go from the "body" as i like the side steps as a door ding protection aspect since my wife seems to find the tightest spots to park in with all her previous cars!

Old 01-04-2021, 11:39 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default sides

i am in the US and those are not actually lights. just reflectors. so no wiring behind it. i ordered the euro versions from powerfuluk over the weekend and waiting patiently for my shipping info

Old 01-05-2021, 01:57 AM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
i am in the US and those are not actually lights. just reflectors. so no wiring behind it. i ordered the euro versions from powerfuluk over the weekend and waiting patiently for my shipping info
​​​​​​Side markers are mandatory here (certainly here in California, but pretty sure it is a Federal law) and those aren't just reflectors - there is a LED bulb behind each of them. The Euro version would not be in compliance here - whether your local law enforcement will notice is a different story.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

This is correct. VPLEP0380 definitely has powered/lighted side markers at each corner and is required legally in the US. To Umber's point, whether you get popped for it.....different story.

Originally Posted by umbertob
​​​​​​Side markers are mandatory here (certainly here in California, but pretty sure it is a Federal law) and those aren't just reflectors - there is a LED bulb behind each of them. The Euro version would not be in compliance here - whether your local law enforcement will notice is a different story.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Three Wheeling

Got them installed. When we dropped it off to get the side bars installed, they called us an hour later and said that some fender guards just came in. So they installed those as well. I cancelled my OTHER order for them I had placed from a company in the UK. Now they have a notice on their site saying due to the 'rona that they cant ship till after Jan. It was $971 from them though, so cheaper from dealership. Dealership had no issues putting them on, saying they were identical to the Land Rover version of them. Which I was a it worried about since they were from Amazon and came from China. All clips and other parts were there. I have attached a few pics, and of the receipt. Someone said their dealership charged 1k, maybe with a receipt showing a $600 install they can get it price matched. If needed I can send a whole pic.

They had originally told me a much cheaper price on the tire cover, now they're saying $500. And its backordered. There are some on Amazon and Ebay that are from China... but not sure the color would be a 100% match, or quality the same. No reviews on them yet. And $469-$600. I may pull the trigger and see though. I can return to Amazon if necessary. Hope this helps anyone trying to get parts and their dealership has them on backorder like mine did. I was really hesitant about getting the side bars from Amazon and a knock off, glad I did now.

The following users liked this post:
DefenderSmitty (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi looks really good with the Amazon steps!!! Are you running the 19" gloss black wheels with the factory off-road tires???

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts?