Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 09:33 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default fenders

so the side markers are indeed lights. i ordered the Euro version with no lights from Powerful UK. shipping was fast but really expensive. around 200 usd for the sides, mudflaps and pedals. i did get the parts in 3 days in California

the euro version for and work fine. you will need to disconnect the lights and wrap them so they are water proof. i used a bag and tape which should do the trick. i prefer the look with no lights. usually do something similar with all my other cars. In US it’s technically illegal but not sure any police will know the difference

install was fairly easy. if you do order these just watch powerful uk videos on Youtube. they actually have a lot and very helpful

Originally Posted by 2020Defender1stEdition
Are you in the US? If so, those may not work. They don't have provisions for the side marker lights we have to have here. At least they don't show them or say anything about them on that site.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:30 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default sides

my same amazon running boards came in today. fairly quick shipping as they came from China. i ordered the Snailfly brand and as mentioned previously they are great quality and you probably can’t tell the difference from stock. mine did come with very clear directions which appears copied from LR actual directions. Only difference from what i purchased and pics on Amazon is there is no defender logo on the rubber. Not a big deal for me.

taking the car in tomorrow to local mechanic for the install. he says no big deal and should be done in 2 hours max. Let’s see how it goes. i had ordered oem classic mudflaps also and since you have to remove the same moulding piece i am having those installed at the same time

wish me luck but if anyone is hesitant of the knockoff you shouldn’t be. they literally look like the oem. prob made in the same factory

Originally Posted by Ehloo
i just placed my order for the amazon sides. i have been waiting for your post showing a ok. the oem ones if i could get in a timely manner would still have to be sent off and painted black. saves me time and money with these amazon ones

even at 600 for the installed it seems pretty pricey to install these. not sure exactly what goes into the install but from the pics it just looks like bolts and nuts.

how were the instructions? Do you think any mechanic or shop can put these in

The following users liked this post:
Iceman153 (01-14-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 05:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo

taking the car in tomorrow to local mechanic for the install. he says no big deal and should be done in 2 hours max. Let’s see how it goes. i had ordered oem classic mudflaps also and since you have to remove the same moulding piece i am having those installed at the same time
NOW my wife wants the classic longer mud flaps too. Yes it would have been easier to do at the same time. She also wants the ladder, but hell bent on keeping the roof rack off. Been trying to find a ladder, no luck. I'll probably wait till we get flaps and ladder to get them installed at the same time.

Good luck!

Old 01-14-2021, 06:23 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah I have tried to get the ladder too, nobody has one and don't know when they will get anymore. Good call on keeping the roof rack off, we have it, but we are in talks with our dealer because ours is the cause of an issue we have had a while. It makes way too much noise.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2020Defender1stEdition
Yeah I have tried to get the ladder too, nobody has one and don't know when they will get anymore. Good call on keeping the roof rack off, we have it, but we are in talks with our dealer because ours is the cause of an issue we have had a while. It makes way too much noise.
It was the roof rack!?! First of all, it's terrific that you've gotten to the bottom of it, that must've been aggravating. Secondly, on November 28th, the very day that you first brought this up, I wrote: "Take as many variables out as possible. Following up on this, you said that it doesn't seem like the rack and box, but, hey, at this point we're grasping at straws. Remove them and take a drive. At least that will rule it out. Good luck!"
But did ja listen? Jeeesus.

Anyhow, glad it's solved.

Nate

Old 01-18-2021, 04:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I didn't remove the rack personally at first, the dealer said they did but the noise was still there. So they put it back on. At any rate, we are glad the noise is gone. We are waiting to see what the dealer is going to do since we paid for this rack in the Explorer Pack. They said they need to replace it, which is fine as long as the noise stays gone. If it comes back, they will look at some sort of refund or something else. Keep in mind, the rack is still on the car, just all the cross bars have been removed by me, which seems to be the cause of the noise. Of course the rack is pointless this way, but the dealer wants to make sure the noise is gone. This has been a process for sure. But I think we are finally getting to enjoy this thing. I know my wife is a lot happier now that the noise is gone. Just waiting on the dealer to see what they are gonna do now.

Thank you for all you guys help! I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!