2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any photos of Extended Black Exterior Pack?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 07:32 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by freepower
Nice!! What tires are you running?
Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 33"X 11"

Old 12-08-2021, 07:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts
Old 02-15-2022, 06:33 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

All of your trucks looks amazing!!

I'm finalizing my order for a Defender S and have a question (well I have many and I have found most of the answers in this forum - thank you)

I still am not clear regarding the Extended Black Exterior Pack - specifically on my spec will the lower black trim be gloss or matte? I am hoping gloss

Thank you in advance

Matt

Last edited by MattF; 02-15-2022 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@MattF - This is the "Option" specs for a 2022. I believe it will be the same for 2023 except they may monkey around with the Option Codes. For some strange reason they do that between MY's.

Not sure what part of the Defender your Q is about but it appears that the Black Exterior Pack is mainly the front. The black on the lower side, I believe, is always the same black. I could be wrong though and it may be driven by trim. Also the Bright pack seems to remove it.

Last edited by GrouseK9; 02-15-2022 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:21 PM
Winching

Thank you GrouseK9 - I was referring to the black lower side molding (like under the door). In some pictures it looks painted gloss black and in others unpainted matte plastic. I'm trying to determine what package offers the gloss look.

Matt

Old 02-15-2022, 12:46 PM
Pro Wrench

Pretty sure that almost all trims are gloss black. Many folks are disappointed because the "Extended Wheel Arch" that can be added is an unpainted matte plastic and can seriously clash. Most folks paint or have them painted gloss black, but it's a bit of a PITA. I have future plans to get the Extended Wheel Arch and will live with the mix until I figure out what I want to do down the road. Things rattling around my head with no particular enthusiasm: Rhino spray it like PowerfulUk did (I know this is going to horrify many), have it sprayed by a pro in gloss black (I don't want to go thru the effort of prepping the plastic), deal with it if I get it wrapped (I have this fantasy of a dark green with ivory top), leave it like it is & don't sweat it (I don't wash mine frequently enough to make it obvious<g>).

If you get a Defender (and not the Bright pack) that bottom line is gloss black. If it comes with OEM extended wheel arch, it will be a mix.

The following users liked this post:
MattF (02-15-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 09:27 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Pretty sure that almost all trims are gloss black. Many folks are disappointed because the "Extended Wheel Arch" that can be added is an unpainted matte plastic and can seriously clash. Most folks paint or have them painted gloss black, but it's a bit of a PITA. I have future plans to get the Extended Wheel Arch and will live with the mix until I figure out what I want to do down the road. Things rattling around my head with no particular enthusiasm: Rhino spray it like PowerfulUk did (I know this is going to horrify many), have it sprayed by a pro in gloss black (I don't want to go thru the effort of prepping the plastic), deal with it if I get it wrapped (I have this fantasy of a dark green with ivory top), leave it like it is & don't sweat it (I don't wash mine frequently enough to make it obvious<g>.

If you get a Defender (and not the Bright pack) that bottom line is gloss black. If it comes with OEM extended wheel arch, it will be a mix.
You can buy it as well.

https://vulkanautomotive.com

GrouseK9 (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 07:00 AM
Pro Wrench

Thanks, @cardude ! That's game changing. One minor bit (some will like it, some won't) - but it appears to be EU spec not NA spec. The NA ones have side lights per current regs. As many will like that as not, but it is what it is.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:13 AM
Winching

Thanks as always @GrouseK9 Looking at pictures I can see where some are gloss and some are not..... I'm thinking it's dependent on the model level. I think (no evidence yet) the base models - in my case a Defender S - are not gloss when selecting the EBEP.... I've got this question into my sales rep (confidence is low).

Also does anyone happen to have a MY '23 order guide?

Thanks to all

Matt

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
Pretty sure that almost all trims are gloss black. Many folks are disappointed because the "Extended Wheel Arch" that can be added is an unpainted matte plastic and can seriously clash. Most folks paint or have them painted gloss black, but it's a bit of a PITA. I have future plans to get the Extended Wheel Arch and will live with the mix until I figure out what I want to do down the road. Things rattling around my head with no particular enthusiasm: Rhino spray it like PowerfulUk did (I know this is going to horrify many), have it sprayed by a pro in gloss black (I don't want to go thru the effort of prepping the plastic), deal with it if I get it wrapped (I have this fantasy of a dark green with ivory top), leave it like it is & don't sweat it (I don't wash mine frequently enough to make it obvious<g>.

GrouseK9 (02-16-2022)